Forum Discussion

12 years ago

This forum has become an Off-topic mess.

Smuckinfartass1 wrote:
This is the first rant thread I have ever started, so please bear with me.

First of all I love TSTO, and I will continue playing. But I will no longer be checking these forums daily or even weekly. I'll do it only when new updates are released.

But right now page 1 of General Discussion features such awesome information as "Last Post Wins", "Last film you watched", "fake secrets about the previous poster", "Mitzytaz", "the good morning thread" and a FREAKING POLL ASKING IF YOUVE HAD YOUR WISDOM TEETH REMOVED.

I understand some of these threads are fun for you guys, that's why I'm not demanding changes just to suit me. However if enough people agree maybe we can get an off topic forum? There really should be one anyways, FAQ and GD isn't enough.
last comment may of been abit flippant, but I love the Off top post, if I don't like it I move on. It's life.
  • JoshSherer wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    There is a separate section for add me threads why should there not be a separate section for OT threads

Besides it appears this is the popular choice

I wouldn't be surprised if people who voted yes had made multi accounts just to vote yes again

I wouldn't be surprised if people who voted no had made multi accounts just to vote no again

:thumbup:
  • emmcee1 wrote:
    TwiztidThorn wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    There is a separate section for add me threads why should there not be a separate section for OT threads

I wouldn't be surprised if people who voted yes had made multi accounts just to vote yes again
    I had the same thought.

Check my post on what people visit when they enter the forum and if another section should be added, it's quite the opposite result.

Well the results are different because i couldn't vote because none of those options fit me which i am sure is the same for others as well.
  • ecneralc wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if people who voted no had made multi accounts just to vote no again

:thumbup:

There's more people who have admitted to voting no then yes if 100+ have voted yes where are they? There's no way to validate these results because there's no way to make sure people only vote once with only one account and no more

There is probably more lurkers than people that actually post and they would have no problem clicking on a poll
  • HWick_Bluenose wrote:
    There are a lot of OT posts because a lot of forumers seem to speed their way through the game and then get bored due to having little to do in game. Also because, new levels aside, there are periods when nothing much is happening and people want to keep in touch.

Some if the OT posts are humorous and worth a read. I wouldn't worry about it.

You got it wrong.

I dont think anyone is complaining about the OT threads they just think it should be in a sub forum at the top of general discussion the same as add me threads are
  • HWick_Bluenose wrote:
    There are a lot of OT posts because a lot of forumers seem to speed their way through the game and then get bored due to having little to do in game. Also because, new levels aside, there are periods when nothing much is happening and people want to keep in touch.

And some of us who speed through things buy donuts which makes EA money. And if you look at some of the ot threads like last post wins, etc they have thousands of views. (13,250 right now) Good night thread: (8,655 right now). No one makes anyone read it, yet everyone is.
  • indys2nd wrote:
    HWick_Bluenose wrote:

And some of us who speed through things buy donuts which makes EA money. And if you look at some of the ot threads like last post wins, etc they have thousands of views. (13,250 right now) Good night thread: (8,655 right now). No one makes anyone read it, yet everyone is.

Well said :thumbup:
  • indys2nd wrote:
    HWick_Bluenose wrote:

did anyone say they wanted those threads removed.
    what is the big deal if all those threads were in a sub forum called Off Topic.

• Off topic by definition is a general discussion. What exactly are people going off topic about if it's general discussion? All an OT section will do is spread the posts into a different section. We're all here as one group in one section, getting along generally. Why split it up? Seriously, think. If your biggest worry is whether or not we have an OT section, then, in reality, you have nothing to worry about.

I wonder? Is this about people not liking the actual OT title more than it is the 'general' topics they cover?

Sorry for being so blunt, my aim is to be candid and honest. No offence is intended on my part.

Peace.

EDIT: Been thinking. The issue appears to be more about game threads more than it is about OT threads. The good night/morning, what you have for lunch threads appear to be more the issue because they clog the main page. This is understandable. Wouldn't a change of perspective be a help here? There should be a section for game threads, not OT. Not all OT threads are games after all. They pose questions or bring up a topic to discuss and usually have a finite shelf life.
  • danbyization wrote:
    THIS FORUM IS GREAT AS IT IS

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

LEAVE IT ALONE

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

+1 :thumbup: