Forum Discussion

10 years ago

TSTO Data usage

mhm not much. if there's an update close the game immediatly cause that'll eat a bit but playing normally not much
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    mhm not much. if there's an update close the game immediatly cause that'll eat a bit but playing normally not much

Thanks. I didn't think it would be too bad since many people play on their phones.

As for WiFi - there's not much of it free where I'm going and it will be a family thing so I would be able to go out and hunt that elusive creature.

Thanks again LP and I have to say the work you put into keeping us up to date is amazing!
  • mmmmdonuts0 wrote:
    So I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to tablets and I will be going on holiday soon (I booked this before the event started - NOOOO! :( ) and I was thinking of getting those dongle doo-hickeys that you can put a foreign SIM card in but will TSTO eat up the data allowance?

I know updates can be a lot of MB but if I just log in and maybe visit a few friends I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much data transfer that would approximately make? Say 10mins of tapping? I don't want to rack up a huge bill!

My other option is to train up a friend and they all looked at me in horror when I asked - in hindsight I probably shouldn't have started with 'every 4 hours, even at night' :lol:

Thanks.

I take it you don't have a nine-and-a-half year old neighbor kid to take it over for you while you're gone? Heck, the parents would be thrilled at the thought of a kid leaving them alone because he's exhausted all day because he's been up every four hours all night.

We should have a list of Vacation Volunteers here in the forum, but that's against the TOS, since EA doesn't allow us to give anyone our signon information or let them into our town. I'm sure it's for our own protection. Like EA cares for our financial future because that person might spend our donuts. Yeah, I'm sure that's it. EA cares about us. :roll:

• annettemarc wrote:

I take it you don't have a nine-and-a-half year old neighbor kid to take it over for you while you're gone? Heck, the parents would be thrilled at the thought of a kid leaving them alone because he's exhausted all day because he's been up every four hours all night.

We should have a list of Vacation Volunteers here in the forum, but that's against the TOS, since EA doesn't allow us to give anyone our signon information or let them into our town. I'm sure it's for our own protection. Like EA cares for our financial future because that person might spend our donuts. Yeah, I'm sure that's it. EA cares about us. :roll:

Ha!! I'm sure EA have our best interests at heart! :lol: I have their best interests at heart and don't overload their servers with my credit card details.

The closest to a kid who can use an ipad better than me in my life is my 3 year old nephew and that is NOT happening. I like my donuts just where they are!

Vacation Volunteers - that would be too good to be true...
  • In my experience TSTO doesn't use much data unless you have to download updates. But then on the other hand and I'm thinking there is something wrong, my brother plays too and somehow his TSTO is using almost 1GB per month. Which is way way more than what is used on mine and I play some days hourly ad most days at least 6 times at least 5 minutes each time.
  • How about downloading an app that measures data usage? That being said, I havent tried this before, but there are apps out there.
  • chippers29775 wrote:
    How about downloading an app that measures data usage? That being said, I havent tried this before, but there are apps out there.

Didn't know there was an app for that. I don't know why I'm surprised; there is an app for everything nowadays. Will have to check them out.

Does being this paranoid make me sad?! And then I see this -

Raven_Darkstorm wrote:
    my brother plays too and somehow his TSTO is using almost 1GB per month.

Using that much abroad would cost a fortune!!
  • chippers29775 wrote:
    How about downloading an app that measures data usage? That being said, I havent tried this before, but there are apps out there.

Android does this for you already. In settings go to networks then mobile data. Listed there is the data usage of everything that uses data. I've only had my new phone for 4 days and it tells me TSTO has used 7MB in the last 4 days.