Forum Discussion

11 years ago

TSTO on Kindle Fire

One of our forum regulars, Neuroheart, plays/played on a Kindle Fire... she'll be able to weigh in for you 8)
  • the only downside to kindle is as i read from comments that sometimes the updates arrives 1 day later (appstore ones). for the rest is the same
  • I play on a Kindle Fire, my only issue is sometimes I wait a day or two for an update. Other than that it works good for me.
  • I find my kindle is a little more prone to crashing than my iPod, especially when visiting friends. The bigger screen is nice sometimes. Overall it's not that different.
  • kenalbon89 wrote:
    One of our forum regulars, Neuroheart, plays/played on a Kindle Fire... she'll be able to weigh in for you 8)

Yup, I used to only have a kindle. Game generally runs fine on it, but updating is sometimes a problem. The amazon store is often the last to get updates, and I was constantly having to reinstall to get them to apply, because the update button would take even longer to show up. I'm glad it's no longer my only device.
  • I alternate between iphone / ipad / kindle fire HD. My kindle app locks up sometimes after exiting, which requires me to restart the device, but otherwise its fine. Overall, I highly recommend the Kindle Fire for the price.
  • I use kindle fire hd...it works great most of the time. Occassionally have to restart the kindle if it locks up. I have auto updates so dont have to worty about updating. The amazon coins are cool, as mentioned, yiu can use them to buy dnuts.
  • I play exclusively on a Kindle Fire (HD 7"). I don't need wait for the "Update" button to appear as others do. When I hear there's an update, I just reboot and I usually get it. There's only been a few times when Amazon was behind for me.

Edit: Oh! And TSTO is a memory hog on Kindle. Reboot your device at least every 1-2 days, or you will get funky blank screens on TSTO. It's a good idea to do if you use your Kindle a lot anyway.