Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Using Play gift card to purchase donuts?

You should be able to select the play giftcard. Mine always defaults to my google play balance first. If it doesn't and chooses the CC, just cancel.
  • In my experience (I have a gift card on my account and a credit card too) it will automatically deduct from your Google Play balance (where redeemed gift card amounts go) unless there is less money left in the balance then the app/in-app purchase you are trying to buy.
  • jkeeney73635 wrote:
    You should be able to select the play giftcard. Mine always defaults to my google play balance first. If it doesn't and chooses the CC, just cancel.

Thanks guys, i assumed that it would be possible to just select the method required but it seems that cant be done, i think i would have to remove the credit card that is linked to the account.

Sam that might be right as i purchased 900 donuts which is over £25 so i guess it'll go on my card....and therefore i still have a £25 gift card to use! haha guess i kinda win there as i'll still have to use the gift card :wink: :mrgreen: