Forum Discussion

13 years ago

What's the most premium stuff you've gotten from the mystery box?

I've got the rubbish stuff like everyone else but I also got squeaky voiced teen and the lemon tree so you can get them :)
  • Hmmm, excellent. But looks like this month, we're gonna have to deal with the wicked treat box instead. That's not gonna earn us any extra donuts. SIGH!
  • The only time I've ever got donuts from the mystery box is in the tutorial. Even if it was available at the moment I can't imagine I'd get any donuts from the box before Christmas! But then I think I'd rather have the chance of getting something bigger worth more than 10 donuts
  • White fences beat the brown ones anytime. At least they help increase XP and money for jobs. I have not gotten ANYTHING from the mystery box that I can't buy with money. except for the lemon tree.
  • mellytan wrote:
    Hmmm, excellent. But looks like this month, we're gonna have to deal with the wicked treat box instead. That's not gonna earn us any extra donuts. SIGH!

The regular box is still there.

While I prefer the Homer Buddha--especially since it pays out 60 donuts now when it gives donuts--the mystery box is good for multiples of tan picket fences, and I've received the Lemon Tree and 4 angel topiaries for top prizes. Now I need a sure winner for the dog track (in French) as I'm terrified to bet that $5K!
  • elsie_d wrote:
    mellytan wrote:
    Hmmm, excellent. But looks like this month, we're gonna have to deal with the wicked treat box instead. That's not gonna earn us any extra donuts. SIGH!

The regular box is still there.

While I prefer the Homer Buddha--especially since it pays out 60 donuts now when it gives donuts--the mystery box is good for multiples of tan picket fences, and I've received the Lemon Tree and 4 angel topiaries for top prizes. Now I need a sure winner for the dog track (in French) as I'm terrified to bet that $5K!

So you mean when you buy Homer Buddha, he might give you 60 donuts. Do you remember what you've gotten from Homer Buddha?

LOL. I tried the 'cheats' listed online to try and win the dog race. Well, it doesn't work. LOL. And IMHO, don't bother trying. i wasted like possibly 30k on it altogether and I have NEVER won.
  • Mellytan,

I will paste in the user tip I gave for the game on another site, and since that time I've received 45 donuts twice and 60 donuts thrice:

Since the Mystery Box offers items that may be purchased with game currency, it’s best to choose that only when you wish to make a quick exchange for some game cash; otherwise, choose the Homer Buddha if you have the donuts since it gives premium items each time.

It’s still a gamble since you may receive a premium item that costs fewer donuts than the 15 you paid, but I still manage to stay ahead by receiving a total number of items worth twice what I gambled.

I received Professor Frink and his laboratory for 15 DONUTS by receiving it from the Homer Buddha! His lab is worth 150 donuts. That was a huge gain since a premium character and building pay off quite well during gameplay in both experience and game currency. I’ve also received Hans Moleman (worth 60 donuts), the squeaky-voiced teen (worth 30 donuts) a tree swing, a burning bush, orange and apple trees, and a green dumpster and a planter, (at 10 donuts each, the dumpster and planter were the only items received that was less than the 15 donuts price tag).
  • Hey elsie_d,

Thanks so much for the valuable insight. I was really contemplating because I don't wanna waste the donuts I have.

I'm also hesitating on the purchase of donuts because of the HUGE number of bugs this game has. I don't wanna buy the donuts and should anything happen to this game, I will literally just go crazy!

So I really wanna spend my donuts wisely. I am starting to think that this is an investment worth indulging in. I don't have much to begin with (53 donuts) since I've only started about 2 months ago and everyone knows how hard donuts come by, so this really helps. :)
  • AND I SWEAR I HAVE THE WORST LUCK

I bought buddha homer, he gave me a mystery box and in it is another mystery box which contains 3 large hedges. Seriously....what are the odds. Just kill me. 3 hedges for 15 donuts. I'm going to sit in a corner now and just cry. I don't know if i should laugh or cry. Seriously, worst luck ever.