Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Wrestling Event cutoff time?

Having been gone for quite a while I don't know how they've been handling events lately.
What's the typical cutoff time for this event and will be be able to continue past it if we don't update as we were able to do in the past?
I know it ends "on the 13th", but will that be 12:00:01 A.M Pacific time or...
And while I'm thinking of it: Has it been beneficial recently to save Daily Challenges for new events because they changed into event currency? That used to be a thing but...
  • Not sure about the ABSOLUTE cutoff time, but I can tell you that Daily Challenges for events is no longer a thing.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    The files say it ends at 2pm UTC (7am PDT I think)
    https://i.imgur.com/l1tzHB5.png
  • "heyababy47428;c-2131627" wrote:
    Daily Challenges for events is no longer a thing.

Thanks. Useful information. So I'll just swap these out for something useful.
  • "frosted1414;c-2131639" wrote:
    The files say it ends at 2pm UTC (7am PDT I think)
    https://i.imgur.com/l1tzHB5.png

Thanks. I was thinking there was something about 2 PM as a regular time for something.
  • Well if I'm interpreting the message I just got correctly the event ends at 7 A.M. PDT. So I might be able to get the Captain (or whoever the first week character is).
  • If I remember correctly, if you are currently working on the last prize of an act, once the event ends you will still be able to work towards it until you acquire the prize.
  • "lilmamasa3;c-2131809" wrote:
    If I remember correctly, if you are currently working on the last prize of an act, once the event ends you will still be able to work towards it until you acquire the prize.

I'm nowhere near finishing. I decided the best progress path would be to get the Tokens for the stuff I missed out on (cheaper than buying them), then go for the characters. I managed to get Dr. Bonebreak, and (barring unforeseen difficulties) will get Captain Flag later this morning.
    To complete week 2 I'd need the Fancy Wrestling Ring and Golden Wrestler Statue before I could even start on the Honest Abe skin.
    For Week 4 I'd have to get The Coot Society and Championship Belt to start on the Iron Yuppie.
    Oh well. It's not like I haven't missed stuff in the past.
  • "wadebear;d-258364" wrote:
    Having been gone for quite a while I don't know how they've been handling events lately.
    What's the typical cutoff time for this event and will be be able to continue past it if we don't update as we were able to do in the past?
    I know it ends "on the 13th", but will that be 12:00:01 A.M Pacific time or...
    And while I'm thinking of it: Has it been beneficial recently to save Daily Challenges for new events because they changed into event currency? That used to be a thing but...

The cut-off time in UK was 3pm on the 13th, same as updates, I believe that's at the same time as everywhere else, just plus or minus the number of time zones.

And your thinking with the Daily Challenges is correct, BUT, that was on major events only.
    This has not been a major event, it was 4 mini's joined together, which is now the norm from EA and has been for a while.

The difference between mini's and major's.
    On a mini, the Event Currency would not carry over from Part 1 to Part 2 on the Prize Track, nor onto Part 3 and so on, but, whichever Part you were on when the event finished you would be able to finish that Part.

On a major, the Event Currency would carry over from Part to Part on the Prize Track, (same as at the Railyard getting blueprints for the Monorail), but, whichever Part you were on when the event finished, it just stopped, that's it, gone, tough luck, must try harder next time, so on and so forth.

With both formats, you could collect for any week's currency until the end of the event, though the DC's only paid out the currency for the current week.
    I did the same as you, hold back the last 3 of an event, come the update and they all automatically changed to the new currency at 3pm, which was a really big help.

Generally we got 4,000 for each DC, but for some ungodly reason that even now I still do not understand, they dropped it to 400 on Moe's Ark event, which was really stupid as they made the Habitats expensive, especially on Great Plains and Warmongers.
    I personally felt this was the best event ever, but I only started playing late 2017.

And we generally collected 3 types of items including Event Currency, on mini's it's only 1 type.

Plus there was crafting on major events, (I loved crafting, don't know wht they made it annoying though, you know, buy stuff you don't want to level up), and of course friend visits.
    I think this current format with Tokens will be here for a long time.

There was something else and I kept forgetting it, I think whatever I was typing it kept pushing the other thing out my brain, there's a bit of Homer in all of us.