Forum Discussion

steve-ooooo
New Novice
2 months ago

Game temporarily freezes

Every time I finish with placing an inventory item in my town the game freezes for several seconds then continues as normal. Had this problem for about a year so far. It’s difficult to play because I always have to wait each time I add something in my town. I use a Kindle Fire that I added google play to. 

1-Graham-S
    2 months ago

Nope, the game uses that amount of STORAGE when it is installed and NOT running.
    When it runs it needs more, and it needs MEMORY to do so.
    Other things installed need STORAGE, other things running need MEMORY.

Those are two different things, and likely that half empty STORAGE you think you have is not half empty at all, especially if you also have other things like the unofficial a copy of Google Play that you can't get from the Amazon App Store and needed a download and an install which takes up extra space.

Only ever download official supported copies of Apps from your official App store. In the case of EA software running an unofficial version will likely lead to a ban on your account which would not only mean you'd lose TSTO but you'd also probably lose any other EA game on any platform you use the account for.
    It's not worth it, trust me.

• Thanks. I tried on another device and it’s working better. That is all good advice. 

• How old is the Kindle ?
    How much storage is free ?
    How much memory does it have ?
    ( note that you can't check the memory used by the game, it sorta powers down if you go and check then reloads when you return )

All these things will affect the game performance.
    I had a 5th gen for years that I ended up replacing last year when it began to struggle with my C town that was only a few months old and not too big back then. The HD8 I got is doing ok, at least for now.

• There is 12 GB free out of 25 GB internal storage. 
    Fire HD 10 11th gen. I bought it a couple years ago.

Tapped out uses 3.52 GB data. The problem started around last Halloween or Black Friday event. I wonder if something from those events are causing the issue. I might just give up and nuke the town and hopefully that fixes it. 

1-Graham-S
      Hero+

Nope, the game uses that amount of STORAGE when it is installed and NOT running.
      When it runs it needs more, and it needs MEMORY to do so.
      Other things installed need STORAGE, other things running need MEMORY.

Those are two different things, and likely that half empty STORAGE you think you have is not half empty at all, especially if you also have other things like the unofficial a copy of Google Play that you can't get from the Amazon App Store and needed a download and an install which takes up extra space.

Only ever download official supported copies of Apps from your official App store. In the case of EA software running an unofficial version will likely lead to a ban on your account which would not only mean you'd lose TSTO but you'd also probably lose any other EA game on any platform you use the account for.
      It's not worth it, trust me.