Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Dat Harp Freeze...

Did you try no auto lock with iphone5?
  • OMAHGOONESS wrote:
    Did you try no auto lock with iphone5?

No, I am poor white trash.. all I got is the ipad 2
  • Dan72982,

I just got back in today after 9 days out.

Here's what I did on the iPad 4 (I had to repeat the steps multiple times...I think it was close to 15).

I think the KEY for me was to Turn off notifications. Try the following from cameronnyc.

cameronnyc wrote:
    let me take a moment to tell you how can fix this yourself:

go to settings, then general. set auto-lock to "never".
    go to settings, then notification. set simpsons game "alert style" to "none"
    open the app.
    the harp will start looping endlessly.
    LET IT PLAY. it will take 20 or so minutes to break the harp.
    one of two things will happen. either the harp will break and it will take you into the game, OR the game will close taking you back to the main screen.
    if it does not break the harp, TRY AGAIN. sometimes it take a few times.
    iphone 5 and ipad 3 seem best at breaking the harp. if after several tries, your device wont breka the harp, borrow someone's iphone 5 and try the above again.
  • ksauceda8237 wrote:
    Dan72982,

I just got back in today after 9 days out.

Here's what I did on the iPad 4 (I had to repeat the steps multiple times...I think it was close to 15).

I think the KEY for me was to Turn off notifications. Try the following from cameronnyc.

cameronnyc wrote:
    let me take a moment to tell you how can fix this yourself:

go to settings, then general. set auto-lock to "never".
    go to settings, then notification. set simpsons game "alert style" to "none"
    open the app.
    the harp will start looping endlessly.
    LET IT PLAY. it will take 20 or so minutes to break the harp.
    one of two things will happen. either the harp will break and it will take you into the game, OR the game will close taking you back to the main screen.
    if it does not break the harp, TRY AGAIN. sometimes it take a few times.
    iphone 5 and ipad 3 seem best at breaking the harp. if after several tries, your device wont breka the harp, borrow someone's iphone 5 and try the above again.

thanks, ill give it a go while i watch a movie or some walking dead episodes, see how it goes
  • I tried to let it go for 20 minutes, tried probably a good 15 to 20 times, still not working... if anyone has an iphone 5 and wants to help me out PM me please

About TSTO Tips & Guides

Share your gameplay tips, how-to's and gameplay guides for The Simpsons: Tapped Out.2,679 PostsLatest Activity: 12 years ago