Forum Discussion

xsdemon
Newcomer
3 hours ago

Sims 4 opening but immediately freezing

Hi yall so this has been going on for a long time now so I finally decided to ask here.  I have both the EA app and steam, both of which have sims 4 downloaded and are directly connected (this is something I used in the past to fix another problem I had with the game similar to this one).  There's no problem originally opening the sims 4 game but the second it loads it immediately stops.  It doesn't crash cause I don't get any messages or alerts.  When I swipe out of the game then back in it shows that it moved normally with loading but immediately freezes again.  Additionally, the window quite literally will not close even if I alt F4 or manually close the window so I have to restart my computer (which doesn't fix the problem).  I'm unsure if this is a potential cause of the issue but I recently downloaded it onto a new computer (the one I'm using: windows surface pro 7).  I haven't tried using other games from the EA app but I've always had a lot of trouble with it but only ever with the sims 4.  If anyone could help me find a solution for this it'd be great considering how much money I've spent on this broken and deteriorating game. 

• xsdemon  Please try the suggestion here (post 17):

https://answers.ea.com/t5/PC/Sims-4-Crashing-Freezing-Lag-Surface-Pro-7/m-p/13477590#M270800

If that doesn't help, try forcing the game to launch in windowed mode.  Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, open Options.ini, search for fullscreen , and set it to 0 (zero).

If that doesn't help either, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.