Forum Discussion

• brenner_yes wrote:

I couldnt find it but i imagine in the vicinity of cletus farm?

Thanks for your help. I assumed around there too, but couldn't find it.

I thought of other likely places like; in the mid south around Crackton and Russian District, also to the east of the Simpson House on the other side of the (tracks) Railroad Station and nothing. I searched the entire map a few times. It had gotten to the point where I wasn't sure if I couldn't see the wood for the trees or it simply doesn't exist. The latter seems to be the case, looks like the map designer forgot to include it.

Saying that, whoever made it did a hell of a job. The Fireworks, Candy & Puppydogs Shop was only shown one time in the series that I know of. I was pleased to see it included, next to the Retirement Home. I'd love to see it in the game actually, especially if you could shop there. Setting off fireworks could be a new task. Walking your puppy letting it leave little 'presents' all around town, the other. Finally, getting sick from eating too much candy. Some explosions, turds and vomit are just what Springfield needs imo. lol

Peace.
  • rjg426 wrote:
    I based my town on that map, too. Where exactly is El Chemistri supposed to be?

Ah, yes, I overlooked to mention it because it's new. I have only searched for it once and couldn't find it. I don't even recall it being mentioned in the show. Mind you, I haven't watched them as regularly the last few years. I assume that's when it was in the show. Looks like we may have another that was overlooked on the map.

Sorry I couldn't help. If I find it, I'll pm you with the details.

Peace.

• acebrooker wrote:
    That map confused the hell out of me!

Yea, it is a bit complicated simply because there is so much detail. It would have been a big help if there was a reference table to find what you are looking for. There are literally hundreds of places on that map. I would imagine if someone created one, it would deserve a sticky and would provide what that map sadly lacks.
  • does anyone have the dimensions for El Chemistri yet? need to see i need to buy another plot, or if i can just rearrange things to accommodate it.
  • capwhittaker wrote:
    Take that map with a pinch of salt, there isn't much continuity of building locations. I try and match the show to an extent. I base a lot of my town on the new start up sequence but that doesn't have Skips diner next to the comic book guys shop which it has been on multiple episodes. Part of me is tempted to make a huge parking lot for the power plant that ends at the Simpsons garden as thats how it is on the Stonecutters episode.

I agree, the map is more of a guideline. I have used it to give me a general concept of how Springfield looks. The rest is up to your imagination. Continuity will never be accurate, because it's a cartoon. :wink: You prove that by mentioning the power plant carpark being located next to the Simpson's garden. On the map, the power plant is across the river from the Simpson house.

Saying that, certain buildings tend to have a basic continuity. For example; the Flanders' house will always be to the left of the Simpson house or King Toots is usually next to Moe's on the right side.

Also, the concept of the game is about rebuilding Springfield. This gives you artistic license.
  • rjg426 wrote:
    Yeah, I was comparing the map to the two Simpsons wiki pages and realized there were a few differences. So, the location of places like the Try-N-Save are debatable.

Going back to the original question....From what I can tell, the Muntz House should be in East Springfield.
    http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/19_Fish_Smell_Drive

Thanks alot for the link. I'm surprised I didn't find that page when I googled, despite the fact that it's listed using the address. I tried Virtual Springfield, it was released in 1997. It was worse than I expected, but it does give another perspective.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that a reference table for the interactive map would be helpful. Finding some of the locations was a pain in the *, it's so detailed with hundreds of listings. Since then I have played around with the map in Gimp. I cut the main map into 6 main sections, next, I subdivided each section. The result is a map with area codes that can point to the general location on the map and narrow down a search. Charting the entire map is too OCD for me. Listing the Tapped Out buildings will probably be my limit. Hopefully people will find it useful.