Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Zeroed out on Righteousness?

Many have experienced losing rightousness stars, going from 5 down to 0, even though religiously you take care of the graffiti.
Mine goes up and down quite often like a YoYo. From 5* to 1*, it then remains at 1* for about three days, then suddenly it goes straight back to 5*. Other gamers are usually slighty different to this but nevertheless experince something similar.
I'm not sure yet how this works, but somewhere as graffiti is being used on your buildings from friends and you regularly clean it up, it gets kind of messed up, resulting in going up and own out of control. Perhaps it's a glitch or something.
  • Yep, I always take care of graffiti right away and even moved my buildings around so the spray cans are the first things visitors should see. But my rating continues to go back and forth between zero and five stars every other day without anything I can find to attribute to it. I hope the bug is fixed soon.
  • ThomasK323 wrote:
    A couple days ago I busted out about 50 jack-o-lanterns from storage and the next day my righteousness went to zero. I put up them up and cleaned graffiti ten times getting my rating back to 5.

If I recall correctly the description of jack-o-lanterns and some other Halloween items said 'watch out for vandals' so my assumption right now is if you have too many Halloween decorations it may be the culprit.

Your description of this theory makes it seem rather tenuous. The proposed causal agent is seperated from the effect by a full day. And it seems just as (if not more) likely than the subsequent rise in the rating was due to the cleaning rather than the removal of the pumpkins.
  • cpsdude wrote:
    Take any object which is decoration. Tuck it into inventory. Once its stored, open it up again and put it back. Your stars should come back.

Nope. I just tested this and the hypothesis was not supported.
  • ThomasK323 wrote:
    Blammo! I just placed 13 of my 66 jack-o-lanterns from storage and immediately my conformity meter went from 5 stars to 1.5 stars. I already have about 30 pumpkins already decorating my bad dream house but they haven't seemed to cause an issue. But these do.

Maybe it's coincidence but I can't see how. I've had three massive righteousness drops and every time it's been right after adding lots of pumpkins.

Can anybody else confirm this? If your righteousness keeps dropping do you have many jack-o-lanterns? Or Halloween decorations in general out?

It's not that I don't believe you, Thomas, but I just have a hard time seeing how this specific instance ties to the general case. I have no pumpkins and the only other Halloween items I have are buildings (e.g., cemeteries) and characters (e.g., Burns Monster, Kang). The status of these items has been constant since I acquired them, yet my rating continues to yo-yo. For that matter, I saw the same yo-yoing before the Halloween content drop. I just don't get it.
  • I notice that we should clean up the graffiti on the buildings to get higher rating in righteousness. So, we need friends to vandalize our buildings first. I also keep nelson to serve detention and snakes to stay in jail. When I give snakes robbing jobs, the righteousness rating was decreased.

About TSTO Tips & Guides

Share your gameplay tips, how-to's and gameplay guides for The Simpsons: Tapped Out.2,679 PostsLatest Activity: 12 years ago