Ideas

RougeEcho
New Spectator
12 days ago
Resolved

build buy lag

There is an incredible build buy lag. Like if I click on something to move it be it a door or item it will freeze the game for a few seconds, allow me to move it and freeze again. This makes building nearly impossible.

I tried deleting the folder from documents, getting rid of mods, starting a new save, repairing the game. The lag appeared to disappear for a little while before coming back out of no where. I also deleted most, like 80 percent of my tray files which was what appeared to fix the issue for a little while. 

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Troubleshooting

What platform are you playing on ?

• Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
    - Type: DxDiag
    - Click on Save all Information.
    - Attach the Text File to your post

• Does your game run Dx11 ? You can find out on the main menu where the version number is.

RougeEcho
      New Spectator

It says DX9. Should I change to DX11 and if so how do I do that?

• yes, since you have both a chip and a card, the game seems to opt for DX9 instead of DX11.

Here's instructions how to switch: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2024/05/sims-4-and-directx/

Could you check your config.log file to make sure the game uses the card and not the chip.

Open the file in a text editor and find this part:

=== Graphics device info ===

Underneath it will tell you if it uses the NVidia card or the Intel chip.

RougeEcho
      New Spectator

Thank you for that. I put the dx11 in the launch options box and the game seems to run smoother now. 

This is what I found under my graphics info:

=== Graphics device info ===
      Number:          0
      Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
      Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
      Vendor:          NVIDIA
      Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 249d, Board: 13341462, Chipset: 00a1
      Driver:          , Version: 32.0.15.6590, GUID: C3641177-89B4-11EF-9FA4-847B570D23FC
      Driver version:  6590
      Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
      Texture memory:  8020MB
      Vertex program:  5.0
      Pixel program:   5.0
      Hardware TnL:    1
      Opt. features:   

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.

Latest Activity: 2 hours ago