Ideas

stratospheriaaa
New Spectator
2 months ago
New

CAS won't load after 7-23-24 Update

I'm seeing that everyone is having similar problems with cas not opening, loading, or working period. Most people are saying it's the more columns mod, but I don't have that I only have Fairies vs Witches and MCCC (I haven't downloaded the updated version but I already saw someone say it didn't fix their game). I forced a shut down for my Mac last night and I tried opening cas again just a few minutes ago and it's still on the loading screen, after I restart my Mac I'll try repairing the game.

Illus1xn
    New Spectator

guys its was the unlimited likes and dislikes mod for me.

Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer

I really can't find heads or tails on this issue. I tried with and without mods, only some mods and then slowly adding the rest. It was eternally loading with AND without More Columns. Same with Stand still in CAS. Now I've put back all my mods, after ensuring I have the latest. I also got rid of Kijiko's 3D Lashes, including the "Remove EA lashes". Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I played fine with it installed as well.

BUT, for some reason: Tmex's All Scenarios keep giving me the loading-forever CAS. I have no idea why, as it has nothing to do with CAS whatsoever, right? Its the only mod I haven't added back so far.

joyfrrnd
    New Spectator

i thought it was just me!! or my mods. i thought it was just editing sims but i can't create sims either. i just want to play my game... does anyone know a fix for this?

• It's August 6th and my CAS STILL ISN"T WORKING! SMH I've tried everything.  This is a base game issue, EA fix this!

c3ade9f102e8e566
      New Spectator

Same here I’m glad I didn’t  erase everything because I so close to uninstalling curseforge smh 

• For me it was the colums mod but Ive come across different lists of CC and mods that are also causing issues. I went through my mod folder and started deleting anything people were reporting issues with until some of my bugs stopped. Game is still completely unplayable though. here's some of the info I found so I would start removing if you have any of these:  

• chingyu Custom Preferences Strengths & Weaknesses
    • chingyu Characteristics Overhaul Conflict Overhaul
    • thepancake1 More Traits in CAS
    • More CAS Columns,

More Traits in CAS &

Tiasha Sparkle CC Wrench (a mod which changes the Wrench icon on your CC)

about the scripted mods, just uncheck "Script Mods Allowed" in "game options/other"

or even better move them some place else until you update them,

and I think DX11 has some problems for now! so I suggest keep running the game on DX9 till they fix it w the next update

khnanah
    New Spectator

my CAS is also broken after the recent update. This is really frustrating. It’s been a week and I’m still not able to edit any of my Sims!!! very frustrating how every time there’s a new pack or I update the game breaks. I spend way too much money for my game to be broken. Especially an ESSENTIAL part of the game… I’m so done with EA

grantbrandy
      Seasoned Spectator

Thank you!!!!! They STOPPED listening to us and everyone trying to help doesn't understand that some people may have mods issues but generally it's SIMS that broke the game and are refusing to fix it. They dont care about us AT ALL

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 3 minutes ago