Ideas

meganvanmilo
New Spectator
2 months ago
New

Game refuses to switch to other household member, then freezes

Since today's update (july 23rd 2024), my game has frozen three separate times. It starts with not being able to switch to other household members, after that I can't have my selected sim do any activities. At that point I'll usually save and then go to manage worlds to see if that fixes it, but instead of going to manage worlds, my game just loads forever until I force quit. I don't have any mods (I play vanilla), no CC, I restarted my PC after the first two times it happened, but then it happened again. 

mmurrhee
    New Spectator

I am having the same problem.  It started after the latest update.  I have no CC and I have stopped and restarted  the game multiple times as well as fixing it several times.  I hope they fix this soon.  It is so frusterating that I can't even play it for several minutes before  this happens.

• Update: This didn't happen for me for a month and a half but now it's back and the game is genuinely unplayable :/ 

roefr1288
    New Spectator

I have no mods installed and repaired the game and I am still having this issue. 

Loreafun
    New Spectator

I have the same problem.. If they don't fix it, I can't play...

• This is literally my exact problem I can’t play my game becauze of this and I’m getting frustrated. If this doesn’t get fixed soon I’ll be asking for a refund on all the sims games I have if possible because it’s ridiculous that I spent money on this game and I can’t even play it because they won’t address or fix this bug!

• Yes, this is happening to me exactly as OP is describing as well. No mods or cc. I’ve tried the repairs, tried uninstalling/reinstalling  EA app, sims4. Restart computer. Issues Started around that same time for me as well, end of July. 
    It’s been 6weeks since my game worked for more than 30min. And that is the weird thing…occasionally it will work fine for a short period of time, then start acting weird and can’t play for weeks bc it behaves as OP describes on game start up.

And I’m being dumb buying add ons/expansions while the game isn’t even working for me. So I’m just getting extra resentful/upset the game isn’t working and I can’t use the content I’ve paid for!

• I was having this same issue even after removing all mods. repairing game and deleting localthumbcache. I loaded a different save file/family to see if the issue happened again and it didn't. So I recovered my previous save file of the family i was having issues with and it was working normally. I would try to recover an old save file and see if it works! You may lose some progress but at least you can play your family. :) 

pupkwt
    New Spectator

Same here. Could play for maybe about 15 minutes before this started happening. Couldnt switch household members and couldnt make them do anything. When I select manage worlds the game just gets stuck on loading screen. tried taking out mods, deleting localthumbcache but didnt work. restarted PC but same problem. 

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 53 minutes ago