Ideas

kathmhughes
New Spectator
2 days ago
New

Get Together CAS Items Mis-Tagged

Hey Sims 4!

Now that you’ve announced that Sims 4 is going to be around for a long time, I want to help you address what I think is the biggest issue in the game –  for someone like me who owns all of the packs and kits. My biggest issue is how long it takes me to sort through the CAS and B/B catalogues because the color filters are inaccurate, mis-tagged, or missing major colors. I’m going to go through the entire catalogue for all packs and kits (and eventually basegame) and find the errors for you.

I also recommend adding more color tags for ambiguous colors, but not using their names, rather just a small color swatch in CAS and B/B filters. It’s really annoying when I want to find all the burgundy swatches, but sometimes they’re coded as purple, sometimes pink, and sometimes red. This happens the most with different purples and pinks.

Ambiguous colors that are sometimes mis-tagged or tagged on different basic colors across packs:

1. Red-Orange (also known as scarlet, vermillion, coral, salmon and sometimes peach).
    2. Orange-Yellow (also known as gold, saffron, mango, or amber).
    3. Yellow-Green (also known as chartreuse or neon, sometimes olive).
    4. Green-Blue (also known as cyan, turquoise, teal, or aqua).
    5. Blue-Violet (also known as indigo or periwinkle).
    6. Violet-Pink (also known as magenta, fuchsia, lavender, or orchid).
    7. Pink-Red (also known as burgundy, wine, crimson, or maroon).

I do not expect you to add all of these ambiguous colors to your color filters. What I’m recommending is consistency (so all red-oranges are EITHER red OR orange moving forward, and all indigo are EITHER blue OR purple. However, I do strongly recommend new filters for aqua, burgundy, and magenta, because those are distinct enough.

This bug report Hughes-02 entry is about CAS Items in Get Together.  

Red Filter: In Female Adult Outfits, there is an outfit of an orange crop top, yellow shorts, under a beige vest. The orange in the crop top is very similar to an orange in a correctly filtered orange skirt from this pack. I recommend re-classifying this item as orange.

Orange Filter: In Female Adult Tops, there is an open jacket with a dragon that is more red than orange. I recommend re-classifying this item as red.

Orange Filter: In Female Adult Outfits, there is an outfit of blue jeans, an orange-yellow tank top over a black bra. This is ok, as long as all orange-yellow items are either classified as orange or yellow consistently across all packs.

Yellow Filter: In Male Adult Tops, there is a t-shirt with headphones that has minimal yellow on it. I recommend removing the yellow filter from this item.

Green Filter: In Female Adult Tops, there is a navy and green-yellow tank top. I recommend either a new chartreuse filter, or making a decision for all green-yellow items that is consistent across all packs.

Green Filter: In Male Adult Tops, there is a striped t-shirt that is yellow-green with brown strips. This is ok as long as all yellow-green items are consistently tagged across packs.

Green Filter: In Female Adult Outfits, there is a short-sleeved, above the knee dress with 6 buttons down the front that is dark green-blue. I recommend adding this item to a new AQUA filter.

Blue Filter: In Female Adult Tops, there are 5 items that are green-blue that I recommend adding to a new AQUA filter. These include a cropped jacket over a white buttoned up shirt, a white and aqua tank top, an aqua and purple crop top, a black and aqau t-shirt with headphones, and a sleeveless plain aqua tank top.

Blue Filter: In Male Child Tops, there is a green-blue sweater over a purple button-up shirt. This sweater should be added to a new AQUA filter.

Blue Filter: In Female Adult Bottoms, there is a long wrap-around skirt that is actually blue-violet. I think this is ok as long as all blue-violet items are consistently classified as either blue or violet across all packs.

Blue Filter: In Male Adult Bottoms, there are grey and aqua cargo pants that should be added to a new AQUA filter.

Blue Filter: In Female Adult Outfits, there is a pair of blue jeans with an aqua tank top. I recommend adding this to a new AQUA filter.

Purple Filter: In Female Adult Tops, there are 2 items that are more red than violet that I recommend adding to a new BURGUNDY filter. These include a scoop neck short sleeve with two buttons, and a tank top under a transparent long sleeve.

Pink Filter: In Female Adult Tops, there is a sleeveless plain tank top that is violet-pink that I recommend adding to a new MAGENTA filter. There is a cross-cross crop top that is more red than pink (and it’s already in the red filter). Finally, there are 2 items that are peach that I recommend re-classifying as either red or orange (as long as it’s consistent across packs). These two items include a cropped jacket over a button up shirt, and a button-up short sleeved shirt.

Pink Filter: In Female Adult Outfits, there are 2 items that are more peach/orange. This includes a stripped white and peach dress, and a striped blue and white dress under a peach blazer. I recommend re-classifying both of these items as either red or orange (as long as it’s consistent across packs). In addition, there are 2 items that are violet-pink that are recommend adding to a new MAGENTA filter. These 2 items are the high-low dress with necklaces and the magenta skirt with white tank top.

kathmhughes
      New Spectator

Thank you! I'll put a unique number indicated at the top of all future posts to show they are not duplicates. 

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 41 minutes ago