Ideas

ConcernedWyvern
New Spectator
2 months ago
Troubleshooting

Sim will not remain asleep

Game Version: 1.108.349.1020

Issue: Sim does not remain asleep for more than a few in-game minutes (cannot fill energy meter above dark orange).

What you expect to happen: My sim sleeps until their energy meter is full or almost full

What actually happens: My sim will sleep for about 15-30 in-game minutes before waking up. Further attempts to sleep result in the same or shorter sleep times.

What I tried: I attempted to reset my sim and their bed, went to manage worlds and back, had my sim travel and several combinations of the three. I disabled my mods after the first occurrence. I also attempted to fully exit and re-enter the game.

Results: The very first time the bug happened, leaving to Manage Worlds and returning resolved the issue, but a few play sessions later I encountered the same bug and these solutions did not work.

Packs and mods: mods were uninstalled after the first occurrence. I have recently installed the Lovestruck, Crystal Crafters and Growing Together packs. 

Other notes: asking the sim to sleep repeatedly will result in shorter and shorter sleep times until they are getting up almost instantaneously. Leaving and returning to the lot appears to reset this, giving them around 30 in-game minutes of sleep time. Sims will still autonomously attempt to sleep until morning, but are also unable to stay asleep.

Sketch793
    Rising Veteran

Problems like this one are usually caused by TVs, radios, babies, or other noise sources in the same room. Keep in mind that the same room is anyplace you can reach without going through a door or arch, or using stairs, so if you have an open-plan house the bedroom might include everything on the same floor except the bathrooms. (I've even seen some TS4 builds where the bathrooms don't have doors.)

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 5 days ago