Forum Discussion

9 days ago

3 weeks to go. What's your interest level?

In the absence of some general chat, let's chat. πŸ™‚

Three weeks to go, I'm 'ready and waiting'. What are other peoples' perspectives? Any more information anyone would like to see in the remaining period? Any open questions? Where are things sitting with you? πŸ€”

• Playthrough #1 will be a rogue Antivan Crow on normal difficulty. I need to enjoy the story (and make mistakes) without the internet assisting. Playthrough #2 will focus on readily available achievements and lessons from #1. There will doubtless be a nightmare difficulty playthrough, though in fairness for Inquisition it took me 9 years and an 185 hour run to pull that off.

Holger1405
      Hero+

The first character will be a Warden, I just can't do anything else as a first character. 😎

• I think there is even a bit too much info (Spoilers) out there. πŸ˜‰
    I am on my 3rd BG3 run, so I am not counting the hours, but I am definitely looking forward to the game, it was a LONG wait. 

Fred_vdp
      Hero+

That's why I think they're being so loose with spoilers. All the crazy stuff will be in the later acts.

I have a theory about that, but I don't know how to do spoiler tags yet.

EA_Illium
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

I'm stuck starting as a warrior or Mage for the first playthrough. 

Holger1405 I have non idea how you're on a 3rd run of BG3 I still haven't finished my first. I get to side tracked and then run out of time to play. 

Fred_vdp
      Hero+

I did my first playthrough of BG3 on the easiest difficulty, but knowing nothing of DnD, I was really frustrated at how bad I was. I rushed through several more playthroughs to improve my skills, and behold! My fourth completed playthrough was the only so far I did on normal difficulty. :p 

Holger1405
        Hero+

EA_Illium 

"I'm stuck starting as a warrior or Mage for the first playthrough. "

Yeah, most probably the same here.  Looks fun.

Fred_vdp 

A completely fine approach to such a complicated game. πŸ˜ƒ

casuallyawkwardd
      Seasoned Newcomer

Same! I think I've settled on warrior since it looks like that one lets you use fire and I think that'd be fun for the Rook I have in mind for my first run

Maluilka
    Rising Newcomer

I've taken a vacation to play the game and now it turns out I cannot prepurchase the game because I'm in the UAE 😭I don't understand when publishers self-sensor their titles. I've played BG3 all right here β€”  nobody banned it.