Forum Discussion

crocobaura
Seasoned Ace
2 months ago

Show more button

When I click the Show more button when reading a thread, it reloads the page and then brings me back at the top of the page and then I need to scroll back down and find where I was and continue reading. Can you please make it so it just loads the next batch of posts without reloading the whole page? It's getting very tedious to read this way especially with all the nested replies and no pagination.

me1620
    Rising Adventurer

Another issue I have found with the Show More button is that there is a limit when I select show more.  After selecting show more a number of times, no more pages load.

• Same here!

I don't mind the "show more" design, as long as when I click "show more," I can see the more that I asked to be shown. As it is now, I get kicked back up to the top of a long long thing that I then have to scroll down a long way and wonder where I was.

mightyspritesims
      New Hotshot

Following up to say that the "show more" button is now kicking me down to the bottom of long threads instead. So that I now have to scroll a long way up a long long thing and wonder where I was. 

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

I am experiencing the same issue. Pages work better than load more for long posts. I am avoiding long discussion which I used to like because they are nearly impossible to navigate 

HermioneSims
    Seasoned Adventurer

The pages are reloading upon clicking on "load more" also in my case, usually after loading more responses two/three times. Also, upon reloading the page, often it doesn't open the new comment, but returns back to the top ones, obliging me to scroll again all the answer, retry "load more" and hope it works this time. The most comments I managed to scroll through before giving up is 50 at most, long threads are a total pain right now...

ZeeGee1
    Seasoned Hotshot

crocobauraThis is what I came here to say. Experiencing the same thing. And sometimes I scroll all the way back down to the bottom and it still doesn't load new posts. It's getting very frustrating, especially on these long threads. We need a solution for this.

• Now that threads are getting longer, I too am getting really fed up with this, and generally with how the page repeatedly reloads itself — when you first open it, and then again when you click on Show more, or when you change the order of posts. It seems to take a long time for it to settle down in the right place so that I can actually start reading what I want to read.