Forum Discussion

Snowlock2018
Rising Traveler
2 months ago

A simple solution to a weak Darth Vader

It bugs me that Darth Vader isn't a GL.  And since his image never changes throughout Star Wars I suppose it's tough to make a new DV character.  So why not just switch the name and skin between Darth Vader and Lord Vader.  Keep everything else the same.  LV image on the DV kit becomes the F2P character that everyone gets and DV becomes the GL with LV's kit and reqs.

theXrono
    Seasoned Traveler

so let me get this right... you want people to Mitch and Moan about Darth Vader being the "worst" GL being "super weak"  instead of Lord Vader.  you want the Iconic version of Vader to be "trash" and memed  instead of LV.

and like it or not DV is iconic, but LV is the stronger version of Vader. if he didn't lose his limbs and get the painful suit, he would have been much stronger, and IIRC GLs are the strongest versions of characters.

Snowlock2018
      Rising Traveler

Well no obviously they should leave him as is, getting beaten by Gungans and everything else.  ðŸ™„

If you want to have an LV lifter conversation go have one.  ðŸ¤·

Jac51UB
        Seasoned Novice

That's honestly the bigger problem. Gungans are absolute garbage, in star wars. They lose literally every engagement they've been in. The got wrecked by B1s. They only faction that is canonically worse would be Jawas. But at least Jawas have had a few exceptions.

Gungans have literal pointed sticks and energy balls that only work against droids/electronics.

Yet, in spite of being horrible excuses for warriors, same for tacticians, less well armed than ewoks and shown multiple times to fail on all counts, they're arguably the best non gl team in the game and give many GLs a run for their money.

Snowlock2018
      Rising Traveler

Well the short answer is, omni's aren't simple.  They require development and testing. 

Longer answer is that omni's are mode specific and a GL (albeit to greater and lesser degrees sure) are good in all game modes.  Plus they're harder to get, have greater stature, offer alot of immunities, and are well, legendary and DV is certainly a legend in the Star Wars universe and should be treated like one. 

Whatelse73
        Rising Adventurer

It's funny that you think CG does testing before they release something.  They don't make money on reworking older characters, so don't expect that to happen.

He "Should" be much stronger, but they've already reworked him a couple times.  I don't see them doing that again.  But CG "should" be doing a lot of things at this point that they're not.  (Because most cost money.)

• Honestly, with their use of expanded material, I'm surprised they haven't done a Light Side Darth Vader, in the white armor and cloak.  Or why they haven't done Force Ghosts of ANYONE yet. That would seem like a support character that can't attack directly but maybe help, like Hermit Yoda or C3PO.

• I would personally like a burnt mask Vader like in Obiwan. Maybe tank? Or healer? But I still think they should add a purge trooper to provide more synergies