Forum Discussion

7 years ago

An open letter to them

Hi develops and CG_SBCrumb,

this is an open letter on several things that have been on my mind. Some are good , some are bad, some are mixed. I start this with the premise that this is a limited resource game that we can all agree

So here we go:

1- Say what you do, do what you say - Character release cadence - you come out with grandiose plans and statements and cadences, then never hit one - This is embarrassing in the days of calendar, google calendar, ..... Does anyone in the studio own a calendar and a master plan? Can you hit a release cadence on a character per previous commitments?

2- Sith Raid - Great addition. Awesome challenge and requiring a guild to team up.

3- Sith Raid Reward Nerf - So those that are blessed to have a stronger guild get even stronger with better early rewards and stronger and those that work towards it don't get as good as of rewards, How is that fair and equitable?

4- Quests - Did the team really look at this ? The rewards for the effort is horrible. Phase two of the Jedi quest require me to win 10 arena battles with Jedi? This may work for a beginning arena shard, but how does this work against 200+ speed Siths, traya, NS, ....... Did the balance team fall asleep here? I would have to give up so many arena position to even try , that I might as well just hit quit. Please tell me a 5 Jedi comp that beats a EP(L), Sion, Traya, SiT, Thrawn?

5- Ships 2.0 - Swing and a miss - 1st you release in the middle of the US climbs to 1, with no information. We are expected to try and climb to 1? Then you had guilds on Beta that low and behold have the top position after 24 hours as they had early intelligence and shared it across their guild - How is that even remotely fair ? Maybe put all the beta tester on a single shard and let then rest of us have a level playing field? This was supposed to save time you say. My battles have went from 90 seconds to 3+ minutes as I have to look at everything that happens as there was no ability to be strategic with this release due to NO INFORMATION. There is no chance to recover from a single mistake. YOU took the Most RNG dependent area of the game and made it more RNG. What will ships do in TW when you lose and they have 5 deployed? No comment from the developers. No new ships, nerfing the most difficult ship to get (Tie reaper) . Overall, a very bad, bad roll-out

6- TB rewards - Roll this release out, go on holiday and many have no news or rewards, me included. not a good move and slap in our face.

7 - Chat - Seems like a positive move - still using and learning

8- Arena Payout - Can we have a way to move our payouts? I have to play while driving to climb to top 5 - I have called and I cant change. Given this is my option, I either need to delay commute or play while driving.

9- New characters - Doing a nice job to bring some fresh faces to the universe, but see point 1.

10 - MODs management- Can we get some tools? This has been an open request for over a year- Sets, search, .....

So report card :

Follow-thru - D
Sith Raid - A
SR Reward Nerf - F
Quests - D
Ships 2.0 - F^Infinity
TB Rewards - D
Chat - B+
Arena Payout - Incompete
New Characters - A
Mods Management - F

Overall Grade Average - 1.61 for a D+ with 1 incomplete