Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Are you satisfied with galactic war changes ?

• First of all we need a bigger sample size than ONE. That said, mine didn't change much. It was just slightly easier with arena-type teams on the last 3 nodes. I didn't see any lvl 60 teams like some.
    The biggest problem is rewards haven't scaled since lvl 40. We haven't seen a cost-of-living increase in forever. Yes they are throwing events at us but they are extremely unpredictable, and in some cases, misleading.
    I had really hoped we'd see GW changed to @8 nodes & double rewards... Wanna make it fun?? Add some synergy opponents i.e. Resistance squad, Empire squad etc. (someone suggested this months ago)
    I honestly believe EA will run this game into the ground and THEN fix it after everybody quits.

P.S. Those of you complaining it's too easy - sim button etc... YOU can control that. Test your B-teams and adolescents. Leave your maxed guys out of it and mess with GW for 3 hours if you want. The masses don't want to spend an hour on GW every day.
  • "PhilosopherCody;484681" wrote:
    Takes me the same amount of time to complete GW. I do not understand how people are saving time. Can someone please explain it? It has never taken me more than about 30 minutes. I never spent an hour or hour and half like others here are claiming that they have. Between 30 to 40 minutes. It never took that long. Standard team I used was Lumni, JC, Eeth, Talia, and RG. Most of the time that single team went through. If not, the second team of Barriss, Ashnok, IG-86, Tusken Raider, and Yoda would finish the rest. At most one retreat through the entire affair. Not every hard at all to complete in 30 minutes.

It depends what the power of your Arena team is. When it gets over 36k-37k, people used to get meta team from node 6 to 12. Rey, Leia, Rg, QGJ, Fives, Daka, Dooku or Ben lead.

Its definitely faster that before and now i can use exotic comps and have more fun.
    Again its a mobile game, if you take 1h for GW alone, then Arena, Raids, Challenges, Events.
    That is way to much time. They can definitely add a hard mode with better rewards to satisfy everybody.
  • The reason I say it should have better rewards is because they are for players who are lvl 40 gear lvl 5ish. I had no problem before with GW, and it went very quick today. No I'm not expecting quadruple returns for being lvl 80, but they should at least scale your rewards with your level, or in 10 level increments. Because no matter what difficulty (or lack thereof) you're still getting rewarded the same when you need exponentially more for similar results. I'm fine with grinding away, but then they introduced Raids which pretty much forces you to deepen your pool of heroes. It'd be nice to get a small kicker, not as much as I wanted when GW took me an hour to beat mind you, but a kicker nonetheless.
  • But it's a great start, if GW wasn't our only reliable source of income I'd be against watering it down. But this is a mobile game, not a console game.
  • "Sir_Whooty;485308" wrote:
    But it's a great start, if GW wasn't our only reliable source of income I'd be against watering it down. But this is a mobile game, not a console game.

Agreed, they could be stunting new player growth if they hasn' done this. Which they had maybe added a scaling credit reward for those after 80. I think if they keep making more rotating events that may not be an issue either.
  • I'm happy with it. Mine went from annoying time draining slog starting around node 5/6 (sometimes earlier) to reasonably balanced 1-12 in less than an hour (not continuous). Retries went from 2-3 per node from 6 on to 5 or 6 total. And with the exception of an unexpectedly well geared and leveled team around node 4 never inspired that "ugh, if this battle isn't perfect I might as well restart or give up" feeling.

I'd almost be willing to say it's too weak now but for something that's effectively a daily necessity, it feels right to me... Unless of course they're just teasing with a first day easy run :/

Edit - if they want to have harder/brutal slog/headache inducing content I'm fine with that too, just not on a daily cycle.