Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Seasoned Hotshot
2 months ago

Cannot Find My Own Previous Comments

I have no idea if the feedback I'm giving is heard by EA or not. The navigation here is terrible. I say that not to be mean, but seriously, folks. This is bad

An absolute minimum for participating in the forums is to know when and where someone responded to something you said, be able to instantly zoom back to that spot, and continue the conversation. 

I didn't want to start this new thread. I wanted to participate helpfully in the existing thread about feedback for EA... but I cannot. This is not only bad for users trying to provide valuable free feedback to EA, that will help EA sell their products with a better user experience, but it's also bad for people who are only here as lurkers. Other users like myself will create their own threads, as I am doing now, because of these problems. And instead of longer, more thoughtful, more productive conversations that include genuine interchange, you'll have a multiplicity of staccato bursts of commentary, randomly distributed over far more threads than would otherwise be necessary. 

I would like to participate in these forums, and I've said before not to brag but just so that EA knows, I'm not a random, unknown quantity. I've provided honest feedback and community support on the CG forums and on Discord for years now. This should emphasize that I am motivated to participate, and if I can't effectively participate with my relatively high motivation, and if casual readers can't find what they're looking for because it's scattered over dozens of threads instead of being collected into informative discussions housed in a single location, then I honestly don't know who these forums will benefit. 

I recognize that you have a lot to work on, but I would strongly advise you to make it easy for people to see their own comment history, whether or not a specific comment has received a reply, and then click a single link to jump from commenting history to the active discussion. And I would strongly advise you to make that your top priority. Even more than dark mode. 

I wish you well, and I'll check in once in a while to see when things become useful. In the meantime, I hate to say it, but it's so hard to find things on these forums that you should be announcing your updates and improvements on Reddit and Discord. Otherwise people like me but slightly less motivated won't even notice when the changes get made. 

Good luck with everything, 

CD

• It's definitely a step down and not the "New and Improved" we were told about.

• I know they have said they are looking to improve it, but I agree, currently it is very disappointing.

MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot

I am updating this rather than creating a new thread: I just posted a long and serious piece about game balance and rewards/enticements for returning players. The forums ate it. It's not appearing in the thread at all and I got no message saying that the comment went to moderation. I can think of no reason it would be moderated other than length (it used no bad words, no links at all, not even to other parts of the forums, no e-mail addresses, no anything that would be a common automatic trigger for a filter), but there's no way that I can be certain that it's saved somewhere in EA's system. If I knew it was lost for ever, I would be very frustrated with the forum programming, but I would also be confident that rewriting it would not be wasted. As it is, I spent 30 minutes trying to aid the community and now I have no idea if I should duplicate the effort, leave things alone because they will sort themselves out, or take some other action (like contact a mod, which I do not know how to do here). 

Plz add an automated message when things are trapped by a filter and make it clear somewhere on the site that such messages will be issued. That won't stop comments from being lost, but it will allow an honest and earnest poster to know when to wait and when to retype. 

Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer

This forum may be new but it is far removed from the improved that we were promised… but that’s typical of EA. Over promise and under deliver.

UI wasn’t even considered with this forum

Whatelse73
    Rising Adventurer

EA's forums suck.  These are a mess, not intuitive, not easily surfable, and disorganized as all get out.