Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Carbonite CB changes?

Did i miss anything?...i scrolled down a couple pages...and nothing...

Is it just me imagining things, or did Carbonite Circuit Boards shards golt HALVED in the scavenger?

I could swear it was 2/6 and not 1/3 as now...am i wrong? It is one of my present bottlenecks...

EDIT:
Ok...some other stuff also got changes in the numbers...is this documented somewhere?
  • "Ghost666;c-2397635" wrote:
    "nomad1988;c-2397538" wrote:
    It was in the road ahead announced a while ago.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260057/road-ahead-november-2022#latest

Ok...read the whole stuff and found it:
    Other Changes
    Gear Accelerations items will have their Salvager conversion to Relic Materials reduced by 50%
    Helps ensure these changes accelerate gear, but remain net-neutral to the Relic system

BUT:
    I dont get the "net-neutral" part. As i see it, it is now faster to get to Relic 1...but it becomes twice as long to get to higher relic levels...no?

Or are the RELIC gear TWICE as probable...and so i get double gear and therefore it is worth 50% for Relicing so that progress keeps the same speed...is this it? It does not feel that way...but it may be a perspective thing...

This is it, the gear to get those relic pieces has been doubled, so with the cost halved, it takes the same amount of time. Challenge gear hasn't been doubled again, since they doubled it last year.
  • "TVF;c-2397763" wrote:
    "crzydroid;c-2397734" wrote:
    "Ghost666;c-2397635" wrote:
    "nomad1988;c-2397538" wrote:
    It was in the road ahead announced a while ago.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260057/road-ahead-november-2022#latest

Ok...read the whole stuff and found it:
    Other Changes
    Gear Accelerations items will have their Salvager conversion to Relic Materials reduced by 50%
    Helps ensure these changes accelerate gear, but remain net-neutral to the Relic system

BUT:
    I dont get the "net-neutral" part. As i see it, it is now faster to get to Relic 1...but it becomes twice as long to get to higher relic levels...no?

Or are the RELIC gear TWICE as probable...and so i get double gear and therefore it is worth 50% for Relicing so that progress keeps the same speed...is this it? It does not feel that way...but it may be a perspective thing...

This is it, the gear to get those relic pieces has been doubled, so with the cost halved, it takes the same amount of time. Challenge gear hasn't been doubled again, since they doubled it last year.

Did they double it? Pretty sure they just added missing core gear.

Oh yeah, that's correct.
    I was thinking of some recent statement that made about why they wouldn't double it, and it was something to the effect of challenge gear was where they wanted it now.
  • Doubling gear drops is better than guaranteed drops because of how much gear you get from shipments.
  • "DarjeloSalas;c-2399045" wrote:
    Genuine question… which gear items from daily challenges are used to craft Carbonite Circuit Boards?

perfidius44
    Rising Newcomer
    "Jakdnels;c-2399061" wrote:
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2399048" wrote:
    Right.

Those pieces currently need 35 salvage per CCB. Before the exchange rate nerf they needed 17.5 salvage per CCB.

I haven’t checked how many of them we get in an average week, but @DarthCha0s13 ’s claim that this is a “large source” of CCB gear seems a little overstated to me.

It's the smaller conversion rate too, so 'large' may be a bit of an overstatement, but it's also a completely passive source that was halved, so CGs claim of net neutral doesn't totally hold up. Maybe a single relic level per month or two (I'm too lazy to math today) but it's not nothing...

Agree on both accounts: overstatement but can’t deny that’s not net neutral.

Still, i bet (don’t have any math to back it up) that with the changes they made in tb and the doubling of old gear that allow to farm something else instead about every player will get more stuff than before on the whole.
  • "Starslayer;c-2399063" wrote:
    "Jakdnels;c-2399061" wrote:
    "DarjeloSalas;c-2399048" wrote:
    Right.

Those pieces currently need 35 salvage per CCB. Before the exchange rate nerf they needed 17.5 salvage per CCB.

I haven’t checked how many of them we get in an average week, but @DarthCha0s13 ’s claim that this is a “large source” of CCB gear seems a little overstated to me.

It's the smaller conversion rate too, so 'large' may be a bit of an overstatement, but it's also a completely passive source that was halved, so CGs claim of net neutral doesn't totally hold up. Maybe a single relic level per month or two (I'm too lazy to math today) but it's not nothing...

Agree on both accounts: overstatement but can’t deny that’s not net neutral.

Still, i bet (don’t have any math to back it up) that with the changes they made in tb and the doubling of old gear that allow to farm something else instead about every player will get more stuff than before on the whole.

I agree... the other gear changes have been quite good and this one is pretty far down my personal list of things to complain about.

(but I am also one of those miserable forumers who would be happy with more free stuff... so more free ccbs added somewhere else to compensate/supplement would be great too)

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,322 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago