Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Circle of logic

I wanna start by saying this post is a question. I’m actively looking for someone to piece this together for me in a respectful way if I’m missing something obvious. I don’t write code and I’m not familiar with android OS. With that being said, they said they don’t want to cater to a small amount of players for something like sandbox mode or guild pvp. Isn’t galactic legends catered to a small player base? ( the spenders yeah I know why they did that one). To continue this thought, they don’t want to cater to a small group, but we can’t get a poly count increase for graphics bc people still run the game on IOS 10? That caters to iphone 5 and 5c.. they developer of the phones themselves no longer support any updates on these phones? So that doesn’t necessarily add up. I would be very shocked to find out the whales of this game are putting 10s of thousands into this game that they play on a phone that is 8 iPhone generations behind. Would just seem odd. Is anyone familiar with android iOS 4.1/4.4/5.0 and able to explain if that is a more devastating blow to the game then cutting off iPhone 5 and 5c? Just kinda felt like we got the run around on this and their is a more pressing issue as to the “why” we can’t/won’t get a slight upgrade in graphics. Any input would be nice if someone sees the piece to the puzzle they wont tell us.

Ps. Just want to say it didn’t sit well when they said “ it’s expensive” and “it’s still not free”. The game is now expensive to play. It has earned over a billion in revenue and is estimated to make 75k a day. That probably a team members salary a day or at least close. Makes me wonder if EA/Lucas arts gets like 85% of the money and the game is running “paycheck to paycheck” per say. A lot of money, little to show for it lately. If any one has a “reality check fact” to explain it would be appreciated, like how much it costs to run a server like they have that would make the math make sense. Thanks for reading guys, be nice in the comments, it’s a pandemic out here