Forum Discussion

9 years ago

clone sergeant rework

Alright guys, I think we can all tell that the clone sergeant needs at least a minor rework.... Lets hear some cool ideas!!

My optimal rework:

First off I just want to say that the Clone Sergeant is slow.... he has 101 speed.... princess leia could attack twice before CS gets 1 turn. As an attacker, this isn't good at all. He also needs to be boosted in potency if he is ever going to remove TM with his special. Potency is one of the lowest in the game.

Basic: "Z-6 Rotary Blaster" - Each time this attack hits, clone sergeant gains +20 speed.

His weapon is a gatling gun, it should feel like it, as it has spin-up time. Rather than getting 50% turn meter on a crit, he should gain speed because this makes him have a spin up time. This will make him feel like a force to be reckoned with if not dealt with quickly, kinda like Rey.

Special: "suppressive fire" - no change.

I think his special is actually quite good, because its a guaranteed TM removal with omegas, none of this chance to remove TM shenanigans. The only problem is his potency is only 20% so this actually won't do much at the moment.

Unique: "Concentrate Fire" - Gains 4.5% crit chance per living clone ally and 10% crit damage. Clone sergeant has a 50% chance to gain offense up and speed up on a critical hit.

Basically this passive is the same as his current passive with a change done to the omega upgrade. Rather than 100% chance for offense up on a crit hit, I changed it to also have a chance to get speed up on crits. This will really put the lid on the package.

Let me know what you guys think, this is my idea, but its not perfect, so let me and the devs hear yours!
  • I don't really think Sarge needs a re-work. I like the Speed-Up idea for 5's, he has no synergy with the other Clones at all, other than the bonus damage on his special.
  • "Darth_Jay77;519440" wrote:
    I don't really think Sarge needs a re-work. I like the Speed-Up idea for 5's, he has no synergy with the other Clones at all, other than the bonus damage on his special.

as an attacker I don't think he works well at all. Although I am pro synergies, and i would agree with you, and the fact that he needs some more with the clone allies.
  • I guess it depends on the squad. He has a good chance to regain 50% TM on his basic and his AOE removes TM so it's not bad. His passive is pretty decent too. Either that or give him a Speed Down to have some synergy with 5's.