Forum Discussion

1Masterluke
Rising Newcomer
10 months ago

Deals

Dear CG,
Can you please make good deals, people would be more inclined to buy if they are value.
These are not good value. Offer 30 omegas, 10-15 zetas, 50 kyros for the 3200 crystal pack.
A daily deal should be your best offering.
People will be hunting these after light speed bundles, you could really cash I. If they were decent value

• What's good about those deals is that they're dynamic and responsive to what you have favorited in your roster. If you're the kind of player that was going to spend crystals on those items anyway, they're actually not a bad deal - of the ones I've looked at so far, at worst you're breaking even to straight crystal purchases - but often you're coming out ahead.

If you're not the kind of player that's going to spend crystals for that stuff - well they're every bit as good or bad of a deal as anything else you wouldn't be buying.
  • "F2Paccount;c-2451487" wrote:
    These deals are never good. Period.

Occasionally you will see good ones. I’ve bought a couple that had impulse detectors and kyros cheaper than market price when I needed them. It’s definitely rare to see anything worthwhile though.
  • "Tsfletch;c-2451491" wrote:
    "F2Paccount;c-2451487" wrote:

Occasionally you will see good ones. I’ve bought a couple that had impulse detectors and kyros cheaper than market price when I needed them. It’s definitely rare to see anything worthwhile though.

Yeah you are right, but the problem is that for most of the things, even slightly below "market price" is still a bad deal imo. One of my current deals is 20 impulse detectors (and a few other items of very small value) for 3200 crystals. The market value for 20 impulse detectors is 3600 crystals, so technically I'd be saving 400 crystals and would even get those additional goodies on the side. But I wasn't going to spend crystals on impulse detectors regardless, since for me as F2P it would be quite a big investement and I'd rather just get them for the raid reward currency, so the deal is of no use to me. And that's honestly even one of the better deals. Most of the others are way way worse. So I think it's basically like herd_nerfer said above: if you're not that kind of player who would spend crystals on that kind of stuff anyway, then they're just like any other deal to you that you wouldn't be buying.
    Knewonce
    Seasoned Novice
    Flooding you with bad value “deals” makes the decent ones look better by comparison.
  • Deals like this never worked for me, these are a waste of time for everyone. Sounds like a fun and lighthearted challenge! Today i am going to try this, I feel these types of games are addictive to me, But it will be fun i am sure. I had no idea how long an essay was supposed to be until I came across this https://writinguniverse.com/how-long-is-an-essay/ article. This article is a lifesaver. It breaks down the never-ending essay-length conundrum. The Table of Contents is a gold mine. It covers everything from the page numbers to the nuances that are often overlooked. Has anyone else been saved from the essay-length conundrum by this guide? If so, I’d love to hear from you!
  • "Disruptor92;c-2451551" wrote:
    "Tsfletch;c-2451491" wrote:
    "F2Paccount;c-2451487" wrote:

Yeah you are right, but the problem is that for most of the things, even slightly below "market price" is still a bad deal imo. One of my current deals is 20 impulse detectors (and a few other items of very small value) for 3200 crystals. The market value for 20 impulse detectors is 3600 crystals, so technically I'd be saving 400 crystals and would even get those additional goodies on the side. But I wasn't going to spend crystals on impulse detectors regardless, since for me as F2P it would be quite a big investement and I'd rather just get them for the raid reward currency, so the deal is of no use to me. And that's honestly even one of the better deals. Most of the others are way way worse. So I think it's basically like herd_nerfer said above: if you're not that kind of player who would spend crystals on that kind of stuff anyway, then they're just like any other deal to you that you wouldn't be buying.

It’s all about where you personally find value. I usually use my mk3 for gyrdas so for me the impulse bundle was a good deal. I bought it twice. If I’m in a bad kyro crunch and can’t afford the time to farm there’s a bundle that pops with 125 kyros plus some trash for 3200 which saves me 300 crystals, I’ve done that too. For the most part though I agree, the values on 95% of the Jawa “deals” range from idiotic to insulting.
  • "Tsfletch;c-2451568" wrote:
    Imho censoring idi ah tick is a bit much, I’m not even directing that at a person.

An auto censor tool can't tell intent.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    They're certainly usually not worth it, but I've done a few of them. The gold deal for carbonite circuit boards, for instance, gives you like 800-something of them, which is enough that I don't have to think about them at all for months. My energy is way better spent farming kyro, so totally removing a low level relic bit as a consideration in farming plus getting a sprinkling of other stuff in the bargain is worth it for me.

Like Tsfletch said, it's a personal value proposition. The real complaint here seems to be "just make everything cost fewer crystals" which yeah they just aren't going to do.
  • "DeborahBarnes;c-2451751" wrote:
    Deals like this never worked for me, these are a waste of time for everyone.

They're not a waste of time for me. I've bought some in the past because they aligned perfectly with my needs at the time and they were a better deal than buying the parts ala carte. I'm glad they're there so I have the option. That wasn't always the case.