Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Deathmark silent nerf?

I might have missed this in an older update post but I was wondering if we just got a silent nerf to deathmark in regards to the damage condition.
Here's a screenshot of what the description used to be:

vs the new description which specifies that the damage for triggering deathmark damage has to be normal or special damage and therefor excludes true damage:

For the longest time it was a common thing to apply deathmark on an enemy DR just to follow it up with an HK AoE to wipe out nearly the entire enemy SE team so I was wondering why we got the change now? Has it indeed been bugged/not WAI all the time or is this a silent nerf and if so - why?
Tinfoil hat theory could be: To make GC harder for a SE team and protect GG against this combo (deathmark followed up by HK AoE) - not that a SE team would have a chance at the higher tiers anyway
  • "Ultra;c-2166387" wrote:
    Someone made a thread sharing that a SE can beat the last tier fo this challenge

I’m not sure if true damage used to trigger damage — if it did then it’s a nerf

Yea it used to trigger it. That was usually a quick win in DR mirror matches. Get deathmark on opposing DR then have HK throw bombs and kill him. In addition, it would make DR’s health equalization trigger 2-3 times so you would leave BSF and Malak at half health.
  • Am I reading this right? So Havok doesn't proc Deathmark damage now? Tried to test in GC, but I haven't been able to line up the turns in Tier 5. I got turns lined up in T4 and recorded on 1x speed. I do not see the damage from Deathmark, but damage numbers are only on screen for like 5 frames and there are tons of them. However, there are none that look high enough to be from Deathmark.

I assumed the change was just for clarity. IIRC, Malak's life drain attack never proc'd Deathmark damage. But if HK can't anymore, that kinda sucks :(