Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Embrace the Karma

Pretty ridiculous that "Epic" characters like Malak and General Skywalker, who require an INSANE amount of resources, and multiple legendary characters to unlock, let alone gear, should then be stuck behind a GET1 gate to 7* (because they're mostly useless until then).
In fact, we know that GAS was originally supposed to be a 7* unlock.

So what happens right after GAS ends? An epic event returns, accidentally gives out shards, and creates one of the biggest controversies and headaches for everyone (devs included) involved (and that's saying a lot).

Clearly, our cosmic overlords (the Force?) have determined that Epic characters should just be 7* with this bug.

So embrace it. I'm sure you have the data, find the number of F2P players who got General Skywalker this go around. Probably not very many.
Find the number of people who unlocked Malak, but still don't have him 7*.
And if CG is worried that they're "giving" them away (LOL) there's still kryo pieces, relics, mods, and all sorts of other gates (with many more to come I'm sure) to ensure the grind continues.

Spenders on the other hand? I'm sure they'd be much more willing to keep spending when you throw us bone every once in a while, instead of very obviously squeezing players just a little harder.

My thoughts, do what you will with them :smiley: