Forum Discussion

Forwynx
Seasoned Newcomer
9 months ago

Existing Neutral Alignment Candidates

14 months later, Hondo is getting a little lonely.

Below are some candidates to join him. Feel free to nitpick or add more.

OG Mando, Greef, OG Bo
Wampa
SoJ Boba
50R-T
L3-37, Young Han, Young Lando, Q'ira
Saw
Iden
Geos, Tuskens, Jawas
  • "Janus;d-267700" wrote:
    14 months later, Hondo is getting a little lonely.

Below are some candidates to join him. Feel free to nitpick or add more.

OG Mando, Greef, OG Bo
    Wampa
    SoJ Boba
    50R-T
    L3-37, Young Han, Young Lando, Q'ira
    Saw
    Iden
    Geos, Tuskens, Jawas

Mostly agree, with the exceptions of Saw and the Geos. Those two are pretty tied to rebels and Sepis respectively (although Saw is a bit looser but depends on his clone wars record too) and so they did pick sides in the galactic civil wars. Looking at the bounty hunters you have listed does make me wonder whether more than what you list should be neutral. After all they are just guns for hire with affiliations to those with the deepest pockets.
  • One that should be beyond discussion is Wampa. It's just an animal which wants to feed. Would a lion be DS too because it's carnivore?
    Forwynx
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "LinkyTriforce;c-2453674" wrote:
    Peoples fascinations about getting more neutral characters is beyond me.

a) Neutrals have more versatility in RoTE
    b) Some of the distinctions are arbitrary - Iden is DS, but Juhani and Visas are LS, even though they all have essentially the same character arcs
    c) Fun discussions
    d) An alignment with 1 character is pointless. Just get rid of it and move Hondo to DS if we're not adding to it
  • "Janus;c-2453678" wrote:

d) An alignment with 1 character is pointless. Just get rid of it and move Hondo to DS if we're not adding to it

This is the bit that gets me. Feels like such a waste right now to just have Hondo. Maybe they realised it could make TB too open?