Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Fracture vs magnaguard

I kinda figure that this is WAI, but in arena, or any game mode with a timer, it isn’t helpful that if you fracture magnaguard, and his bonus turn activates, you are stuck there until the timer runs out or you quit the game. You can’t do anything else...
First picture is the exact same as the second picture, aside from the timing, for proof...

Not to just go on at magnaguard, anakin skywalker(and with his zeta, padme) and malak would face the same issue.
is there anything that could be done.

Also, before you type “oh, well shouldn’t fracture magnaguard then” or “don’t fracture someone who can get a bonus turn”, i do it to try to keep them under control, not to trigger the bonus turn. If i am against a malak, when he is under fracture, i don’t go for him until i can annihilate him. With anakin, i try not to make anyone on the opposing team die off or anything, but sometimes it can’t be helped...

Also, figure i should say what i want changing- whenever a character talks a bonus turn, they can dispel fracture or something like that. unless this was just a bug
    theXrono
    Seasoned Traveler
    thats pretty weird,,, ive been fractured before with magna but he just stays at the 100 tm until thrawn gets his turn or dies. then magna takes his bonus and dies. ive never had it freeze like this

edit: like the game and everyone else keeps going and magna is skipped like normal until fracture ends
    Iy4oy4s
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Gabe9876543210;c-1954547" wrote:
    Thrawn's Fracture should block any TM gain, including bonus turns.

That seems like a fairly easy bug to fix.

It’s my understanding that a bonus turn is not TM gain, hence daze doesn’t stop it.
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    Getting his bonus turn is not a bug. You should be able to wait until Thrawn's turn ends.

It looks like you are displaying the soft lock bug, which happens in a variety of modes and circumstances, and they afte still trying to nail it down. I've heard from people that you can sometimes spam tap a target and the buttons will come back.
    braskme
    New Spectator
    I fracture malak regularly in arena, and while he gains 100% tm if his health drops below his threshold, he doesn't actually take a turn then. It's only after Thrawn takes a turn that Malak can take his bonus turn. That's because any character with zero speed cannot take a turn even at 100% tm.

But preventing you from doing anything is definitely a bug.
    Gabe9876543210
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Thrawn's Fracture should block any TM gain, including bonus turns.

That seems like a fairly easy bug to fix.
  • Happens often with the nihiluis dooku combo constant health steal and counter atks, I've taken out a ton of squads with just dooku taking extra turns and gaining life
  • Ive fractured Magna twice today. Once it ran through as normal. Second time I had to keep hitting him until Thrawn went, then Magna went and died.