Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Gear Grind

Does anyone know what the drop rate is, or why it's so ridiculously low for gear? No joke, I just did 38 total sims, in increments of 3 sims each time, between two different normal levels (both light side) and got a total of 1 (yes, one) piece of the gear I was trying for. So....1 for 38...not really encouraging to keep going with the game here.

Just curious if that's common for everyone and what the drop rate should be. At that rate, I'll never have anyone above gear level 8 before an apocalypse happens and we don't have WiFi or data to play the game.
  • It depends on which gear - the higher level pieces have a lower drop rate - but it basically is 30% for purple gear. Sometimes it feels much worse than it is, and 1/38 is pretty terrible luck, but if you do 1000 sims, it will even out.

Welcome to the grind!
  • Yeah it just sucks. Can't make it too easy or the whales won't feel like they need to pay
  • "Yesac;c-1170974" wrote:
    It depends on which gear - the higher level pieces have a lower drop rate - but it basically is 30% for purple gear. Sometimes it feels much worse than it is, and 1/38 is pretty terrible luck, but if you do 1000 sims, it will even out.

Welcome to the grind!

It was for purple gear, one of the ones everyone needs. I also went 0 for 7 on escape attempts in the Rancor raid today, so perhaps it's just not my day.
  • "Onslow;c-1170979" wrote:
    "Yesac;c-1170974" wrote:
    It depends on which gear - the higher level pieces have a lower drop rate - but it basically is 30% for purple gear. Sometimes it feels much worse than it is, and 1/38 is pretty terrible luck, but if you do 1000 sims, it will even out.

Welcome to the grind!

It was for purple gear, one of the ones everyone needs. I also went 0 for 7 on escape attempts in the Rancor raid today, so perhaps it's just not my day.

Yeah man that just sounds like some really terrible luck haha
  • "RandyMarsh;c-1170978" wrote:
    Yeah it just sucks. Can't make it too easy or the whales won't feel like they need to pay

Very true, ha.