Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Getting pretty desperate over this!

I can't tell you when the last time I got a decent mod off of a challenge was! Every time I do sims I end up with nothing but grey mods and whenever it's a blue or green they always have some silly primary which makes it useless.

Getting purples and yellow is basically impossible and when you do, same story, useless.

I'm getting tired of this, I get that if it was easy to aquire good mods then everyone would have them, but this kind of RNG eliminates all skill and becomes frustrating.

I don't know how long more I can do this, now with all the meta changes constantly taking place, we need more mods.

The whole system stinks, it's designed to slow down character farming and to basically make you waste your hard earned crystals. The problem is that that's all it is, a Waste!

Psychologically it makes no sense, when you battle so harf each day and you come back at a certain time to get the best possible payout, only to see your crystals wasted due to mod farming, it hurts!
  • Here, ive been taking pics of my mod farming to figure out the best strategy. Whether simming lots at once is better, or 2at a time.

Edit. It won't let me post the pic
    Sim 10x
    1 gold
    1 purple
    2 blue
    3 green
    4 white

That's a perfect example of how drop rates work
  • "leef;c-1470960" wrote:
    Welcome to the grind.
    Can you imagine mods not dropping 100% of the time? yea, that used to be a thing. Count your blessings ;)

Raise the amount, decrease the quality, same outcome
  • "CyKoDRuMz;c-1470990" wrote:
    Here, ive been taking pics of my mod farming to figure out the best strategy. Whether simming lots at once is better, or 2at a time.

Sim 10x
    1 gold
    1 purple
    2 blue
    3 green
    4 white

Well i spend 3 refreshes last night, 1 gold, 0 purple
  • "CyKoDRuMz;c-1470990" wrote:
    Here, ive been taking pics of my mod farming to figure out the best strategy. Whether simming lots at once is better, or 2at a time.

Sim 10x
    1 gold
    1 purple
    2 blue
    3 green
    4 white

Needless to say that the gold was trash
  • "B0untryHR7;c-1470902" wrote:

Well idealy crit damage mods with speed secondaries or potency mods with speed secondaries. Worst case, speed mods with speed secondaries

Yo dude, if those were easy to get then they wouldn't have such value. Basic supply and demand principles brah.

You're "worst case" doesn't even exist. There's no speed primaries with speed secondries.

You're saying that out of over a thousand possible mods you're ideally looking for like 3.
  • ]

Lol, two chars is your contention, those will be done and mods can be farmed, further more , we all have had to balance chars from cantina and mods . All part of resource management, if you can't see that, then I'm not sure what you would need to get it.

My contention? 2 chars needed for jtr, both in cantina.

Confirmed not real life.
  • Lol, you aren't even accounting for the second, soft RNG of where the speed secondary rolls. It seems a lot more likely the top secondary on a B or A will roll than ones farther down.

Also, try getting flat offense as top secondary on a B or A crit damage mod while looking for offense/crit dmg on the right side primaries. It's just as hard.
  • "leef;c-1470960" wrote:
    Welcome to the grind.
    Can you imagine mods not dropping 100% of the time? yea, that used to be a thing. Count your blessings ;)

Oh man that was the worst!
    But don't worry OP. If the rumors are to be believed, the new raid is dropping 6/7* mods, so now everyone will be back to square one!