Forum Discussion

4 years ago

GL shards to the shard shop...no really

What a joke. My guildie was one of those screwed by the GL event crashes after the last big update. He subsequently unlocked so he got 50 SLKR shards for the shard shop today. Meanwhile he's 4/10 on ult mats.

They could have given an ult mat. Or tickets. Or crystals. But this? After 2ish weeks?

Terrible. Just terrible.
  • I am another of the victims with this "reward" granted by CG.
    These shards would have helped me a lot 2 weeks ago, now they only serve as junk to trade in the shard shop.
    At this point I just think this is intentional to hurt the player even more, finish frustrating him and leave the game.

• Yes. This is unbelievable. They know that the shards are useless to us now because we’ve since unlocked the GL. The dark/light currency would have been more appropriate
  • "ImaSmakya;c-2274598" wrote:
    Well, all the other people in various GL events that have lost tickets due to the many crashes for other reasons since the conquest update have received nothing. Consider yourselves lucky for at least something.

Sorry but that kind of mediocre thinking only helps CG continue to have these kinds of bugs (or worse) hurting players and the community.
  • I want to thank CG for doing something here. It's nice to see that they were willing to do something to try to make good with the affected players. That said, this feels pretty hollow 2 weeks after the fact when it's likely that the vast majority of affected players have already since unlocked SLKR and are working on the ultimate ability now (I'm personally at 4/10 there and was at 230/330 shards at the time of this bug occurring). If this had been given a day or two afterwards, I think it would have been a perfectly adequate way of compensating players. However, at this point, getting the 120 tickets back would go a lot further for me than the 3000 shard currency I received instead.
  • "miguecasla;c-2274603" wrote:
    "ImaSmakya;c-2274598" wrote:
    Well, all the other people in various GL events that have lost tickets due to the many crashes for other reasons since the conquest update have received nothing. Consider yourselves lucky for at least something.

Sorry but that kind of mediocre thinking only helps CG continue to have these kinds of bugs (or worse) hurting players and the community.

It's a game I play, on my phone no less. Didn't realize it warranted anything more than mediocre thinking, but maybe that's just me.
  • Well, all the other people in various GL events that have lost tickets due to the many crashes for other reasons since the conquest update have received nothing. Consider yourselves lucky for at least something.

• More of the same… I’d much rather have preferred a single Ult mat or somehow a refund of the 70 tickets. Or an equivalent amount of energy needed to get my 70 tickets. These shenanigans are exactly what give CG a bad name as far as customer support goes.