Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Seasoned Hotshot
6 years ago

Ground Assault Mythic Is Bad Design

This is a mobile game, and with a single level of a single event like this, you shouldn't be requiring a half-hour commitment to play it.

I literally just spent 30 minutes trying to play it for the 3rd time. The first 2 times were experimenting with other teams before I had Bastila at 7*. Bastila being the obvious best leader, I decided to play it again today.

It was a waste of time. It's fine if you want the difficulty to be such that 2 x g12 + 3 x g11 with 3 zetas isn't good enough. Make the difficulty whatever you want it to be. But the final encounter has a difficulty much higher than the rest of the encounters, and the net result is that people don't even know if they're in the ballpark for finishing this tier without wasting a huge amount of time playing encounters 1-7.

I understand that the protection supercharge is part of this event's unique character ... but it makes the battles take a LONG time. And given that a necessary part of the event is buff management with moment of glory vs. the b2 droids, you can't necessarily buff up at the beginning of the encounter. Instead you're dispelling protection from one or two b2s, then waiting through several rounds before you can dispel protection recharge from 1-2 more characters.

It's time consuming and it doesn't test your toons or your strategy - it just tests your willingness to be bored.

For 2 zetas one time only, I'll probably never even attempt the mythic tier of this event again.