Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Help ease my anxiety

I have been playing since the app started and would use two accounts. Eventually my secondary became my primary which is not linked to the "Game Center" (I play on an iPhone).
So if my phone breaks am I just screwed? If I had to start over after this much progress that would be the end of my career here which would be devastating.
  • "Treadhead2017;c-1038997" wrote:
    I'm not 100% on this, but yeah; if you're not linked to game center, if you lose/break the phone, that's it. The data isn't backed up anywhere else.

This. It happened to a guild mate of mine. Former guild mate I mean. :'(
  • Thanks for the quick response. I guess my days on this app are numbered...
  • I don't know about iPhone's Game Center, but as an Android user it is possible to create another Google Play account and link it to a not linked guest account. Try creating a new Apple ID, sign in to Game Center and then connect it to the swgoh account. Not sure if it works but I hope it does. Good Luck!
  • somewhere on the forum someone discribed how you link a guest account to a game center account. My search skills are pretty weak and i can't find it at the moment.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3/regarding-lost-accounts#latest
  • Was able to link my guest account to a new appleID. Thank you all for the help!
  • "JacenRoe;c-1039003" wrote:
    "Treadhead2017;c-1038997" wrote:
    I'm not 100% on this, but yeah; if you're not linked to game center, if you lose/break the phone, that's it. The data isn't backed up anywhere else.

This. It happened to a guild mate of mine. Former guild mate I mean. :'(

Hahah sorry i lol'ed that!!
  • "MasterAndCommander;d-107158" wrote:
    I have been playing since the app started and would use two accounts. Eventually my secondary became my primary which is not linked to the "Game Center" (I play on an iPhone).
    So if my phone breaks am I just screwed? If I had to start over after this much progress that would be the end of my career here which would be devastating.

You need to back your account up.

Back your iphone up on your computer. Log off cloud. Log out of Game Center. Create new Game Center account. Restart your phone for good measure. Then log into your guest account ... make sure you're not in ANY Game Center when you do this.

You should be prompted to log into Game Center at this point... then link the guest account to the brand new Game Center account.