Forum Discussion

9 years ago

I Have Anxiety

I've been playing since mid-November. I spend approximately 3-5 hrs/day on SWGoH. I've spent countless hours in frustration grinding for gear. I've even caved and bought a few chests of crystals I can't afford. The result? I have an Arena team that is 100% maxed out in *, gear, level, everything. It's my pride and joy. I've finished in the top 3. I've taken down whale teams. I've stuck to my plan, even though it meant not focusing on the speed and dodge metas, and have still been able to prosper through dedication and strategy. I had just gotten to the point where I could start building up some fun toons that I personally like.

In less than an hour, that all went away. Now, anyone blessed with $$$ can take a single toon and wipe out my entire team by themselves. All I can think about is what's the point? I had to spend 80% of my crystals to regain my 600 guild currency (thanks for wiping that out that btw), and after finishing a bunch of hard battles, I didn't know what to do. Why should I grind 50 cuffs (as I've done 8 times in the past) to push my toon to the next gear level when a mod can enable a 4* toon (yes I'm looking at you Rey) to obliterate all of my toons without breaking a sweat? I guess I feel betrayed? Or maybe it's because I had no idea it was possible to instantly destroy months of time and energy, that could of been spent being productive and making friends. Anyway, sorry for the long post. This was pretty therapeutic, and I can actually sleep now.