Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Instantly Defeat = Massive Damage?

In case anyone else wonders why their Chimaera ultimate fails to "instantly defeat" am opponent in the DSGTB. With the protection gains it seems some opponents can absorb more that 99999 damage.
  • "Eric73;c-1903258" wrote:
    "jhbuchholz;c-1903253" wrote:
    "Eric73;c-1903244" wrote:
    I don’t believe that the enemy ships can take that much damage I believe that it has to do with unending loyalty from Gen Kenobi’s capital ship. I would venture to say unending loyalty takes precedence over the Chimera. At least that’s what I saw from my experience with that node.

I saw it happen twice. One might be explained by that. The enemy was in the red after the ultimate. The other time the enemy was well over 1% and showed health in yellow.

Regardless, "Instantly defeat" does not being to mind 99999 damage or a mechanic that wild interact with a 1% health trigger. It should read "massive damage" if it's working as intended (which isn't as worded).

I completely agree with you. I believe it is poor wording as well. I believe that instantly defeat should work as DN’s annihilate does. But what are we to do ??‍♀️

I had another look now that I'm at a computer and it appears that it should destroy the enemy which should bypass the 1% health check (I missed the 'Destroy' mechanic while investigating this the other day):

I suspect that in both my cases, even the one where the enemy health was in yellow, were both Unending Loyalty being triggered but I still don't know how the one enemy ended up in yellow. I may have missed the animation of a follow up action by the enemy side but I don't see any skills that would heal (there definitely was no reinforcement which is the only way I see for the enemy fleet to recover health).

Oh well...

Going to see if I can get AnswersHQ to work for me now.
  • "Sucaliaric;c-1903270" wrote:
    There are actually quite a few ships that have over 100k health/protection combined, and there have been for some time (Hounds Tooth can easily have 150k health+protection before adding in any protection up). I've also seen Thrawn's ultimate destroy ships that had Endurance's 150% bonus protection - which, for every ship in my roster, bumps them over the 100k health/protection combined mark.

I'm not sure the mechanic of Thrawn's ultimate doing 99999 accurately explains what is happening in the situations that are being described. I'm curious what the official explanation will be here.

I thought the same about HT but we never use Thrawn's ultimate when he is full health/prot. At least this would be difficult to replicate. So I think this could explain why this hasn't appeared before.
  • Bug poster here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Chimaera-Not-Instantly-Defeating-in-DSGTB/m-p/7988909#M28041
  • Unending Loyalty is somehow taking precedence, which seems to be programmed something like a raid boss where Annihilate only does 100k damage.
  • I wonder if that 99,999 damage doesn't come into play at all currently, but is there as a placeholder for any future Raid bosses that would be dealt massive damage instead of instantly defeating them.
  • @DuneSeaFarmer - there are other threads about Chimaera not instantly defeating opponents in TB?