Forum Discussion

8 years ago

iTunes gift card

Just curious about how the iTunes gift card works. Do I just redeem it on my iTunes account and the next time I make a purchase on swgoh it will take the credit? I am worried it will just charge my credit card and not use the redemption money! Thanks in advance for the help.
  • I don't have a credit card associated with my ITunes account but I would hope that it would use gift card money first. That seems like the logical way to have that work but knowing Apple, logical isn't a word I would describe them with. Good luck, but without testing it I don't know. Maybe spend like $1.99 on it, or as cheap as you can so that you don't waste too much on testing it out.
  • Ok thanks for the verification. I was hoping that it would work that way.
  • "THill80;776068" wrote:
    Lmao glad I am not the only one!!!

@THill80

This is how it will work for you.
    Add a $10 prepaid gift card with Visa/MC/Amex logo to your iTunes account. This is just to establish your purchases etc via iTunes.

Once this is setup, redeem your pre-purchased iTunes gift card.

Now that you have a active iTunes account, all purchases you make will take $s from your available balance first (amount equal to redeemed gift card).
    Once those funds have been used then it will tap into your prepaid card balance.

If you don't want wife to know your secrets, just keep adding $s to prepaid card. There are no bills or anything.
    So your secret if well...your secret.
  • Ok enough help and responses, what if she checks my phone.

Thanks for all the ideas
  • @BentWookiee - this thread can be closed. OP has enough information at this time.