Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Jedi Fallen Order Characters

So I'm relatively new to the game, so this may have been discussed several years ago, but I was playing Jedi: Fallen Order and realized that we don't have any of those characters in SWGOH. It feels odd because the game is Star Wars canon, plus we could have an entire 5-man "Mantis" squad (Cal, Cere, Greez, BD-1, and Merrin) plus the ship herself. I know it makes no sense to go back and do that now, especially with CG focusing on the Clone Wars era, but if/when the Fallen Order sequel comes out, would we get these characters?
  • "WD_40;d-246442" wrote:
    So I'm relatively new to the game, so this may have been discussed several years ago, but I was playing Jedi: Fallen Order and realized that we don't have any of those characters in SWGOH. It feels odd because the game is Star Wars canon, plus we could have an entire 5-man "Mantis" squad (Cal, Cere, Greez, BD-1, and Merrin) plus the ship herself. I know it makes no sense to go back and do that now, especially with CG focusing on the Clone Wars era, but if/when the Fallen Order sequel comes out, would we get these characters?

all of the old republic and sith empire are legends (KOTOR)
  • "SerylT2;c-2272607" wrote:
    "Sebek;c-2272574" wrote:
    "SerylT2;c-2272570" wrote:
    "Sebek;c-2272557" wrote:
    When did Filoni say that Revan is canon?

Filoni put references to Revan in season 7 of the Clone Wars. I know that for sure

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2020/05/04/did-clone-wars-just-confirm-darth-revan-in-star-wars-canon/

There is a link to the reference.

Plus in the Rise of Skywalker dictionary which explains canonical facts of the movies, one of the Sith Trooper Legions is named after Darth Revan also. Also with the remaster of KOTOR coming also it makes no sense for Disney or Lucas Arts to consider him non canon.

That is some very flimsy evidence. All I see is a person wearing robes and maybe some kind of mask. That's it. There's literally no proof that it's Revan, aside from wishful thinking from a clickbait website. It could be any other random Jedi, or not even a Jedi. As far as I'm concerned, that's not a reference to Revan, let alone an indication that the Old Republic has been completely recanonized.

And yes I know that Revan was recanonized in the TRoS visual dictionary, but that doesn't mean his entire story is now canon. All it means is that there was a Sith Lord named Revan somewhere in the canon timeline. If/when they choose to delve into his story it could be completely different than what we saw in KOTOR.
  • Possible but I wouldn't bet on it. They don't really add game characters other than KOTOR. There are good character from Jedi Knight series, SWTOR and others but we don't have any of them.
  • "SerylT2;c-2272570" wrote:
    "Sebek;c-2272557" wrote:
    When did Filoni say that Revan is canon?

Filoni put references to Revan in season 7 of the Clone Wars. I know that for sure

Uh what references?
  • "SerylT2;c-2272624" wrote:
    "FerociousPanda;c-2272610" wrote:
    That is some very flimsy evidence. All I see is a person wearing robes and maybe some kind of mask. That's it. There's literally no proof that it's Revan, aside from wishful thinking from a clickbait website. It could be any other random Jedi, or not even a Jedi. As far as I'm concerned, that's not a reference to Revan, let alone an indication that the Old Republic has been completely recanonized.

And yes I know that Revan was recanonized in the TRoS visual dictionary, but that doesn't mean his entire story is now canon. All it means is that there was a Sith Lord named Revan somewhere in the canon timeline. If/when they choose to delve into his story it could be completely different than what we saw in KOTOR.

If they bothered to make Revan canon again, I find it difficult to believe they would still consider his story non canon. That honestly would just make no sense. The KOTOR remaster still had to be approved by Disney and Lucas Arts also. So they obviously gave the nod for that game. No way they won't want to profit off the game also by making use of the characters reintroduction through the remaster and the characters resurge in popularity.

We really don't know enough about the KOTOR remaster to be saying anything like that. Afaik it's still unclear what exactly it'll look like. It could completely keep the story intact and just bring in more modern graphics/combat systems. Or it could retool the story a bit (or a lot) to fit into canon. Or it could be a different story altogether, just set during the Old Republic and with familiar characters
  • The Episode 8 book mentions a purple lightsaber crystal from an ancient jedi master who fought during the Mandalorian Crusades
    The Episode 9 book mentions the Revan Legion of Sith Troopers on Exegol

Revan is Canon, the specifics are between legends and Canon
    It would be safe to assume his story Canon until Disney's own content comes out with the specifics