Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Jedi Master Luke loses vs DR lead Malak

So Jedi Master Luke, the character with the steppest requirements to date, cannot beat Malak in a 1v1. We already saw that a 3-Man DR team can beat a full JML-lead Jedi squad. But seeing JML lose a 1v1 to Malak is truly devastating.

Is this intended @CG_Doja_Fett? An official word on JML's performance would be nice.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=98DjNgZ-jpo&start=2533
  • "Kyno;c-2182903" wrote:
    "Eweff;c-2182898" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2182897" wrote:
    Quick edit to the title.

It was a little bit click baity. 1v1 in normal conversation in this forum would mean they are the only ones at the start of the battle.

Kyno is right. It should state he won in a 1v3.

Why does it show a battle start with just malak on one side winning against 3 other toons?

I’m going to assume you meant “doesn’t” and respond with “I’m just busting your chops, because you move all of my posts to other sub forums even though there are arguably equivalent posts on this sub forum that aren’t moved.”
  • "Ralakili0383;c-2182992" wrote:
    @CG_Doja_Fett any chance you could address this please?

He's commented on page 3 of this thread. Best you will get at the minute: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236976/so-gl-s-can-be-underdogged-now/p1
  • "CamMitchell;c-2182917" wrote:
    Oh, and just want to also point out that in the same stream, not 10 minutes before, SEE, probably the easiest GL to acquire, completely solos Jedi Knight Luke lead with GAS. Completely solos...

And hes beaten by Geos and Imps
  • "dgree;c-2183170" wrote:
    "CamMitchell;c-2183114" wrote:

Who is beaten by Geo's and Imps? SEE? Do you have a link to the video showing that? I can't find such a video on YouTube just by searching. And when you say Imps, do you mean troopers or Thrawn lead with Vader? This is an important distinction because Thrawn and Vader are critical for countering the other GLs as well.

Finally, are we talking ultimate or non-ultimate Palp? Because I would wager many of the lower tier non-GL counters will likely not work against ultimate Palp.

Yes, SEE, yes imperial troopers not just empire, and yes with Ultimate. SEE's ultimate doesn't come into play in many cases (assuming he survives) because he has this interesting habit of killing his first Linked target, so he can't really get to ultimate. But against imps he doesn't take another turn anyway so it's irrelevant.

The video I saw specifically mentions that you want to mark one of the linked characters with piett so that he's almost forced to kill one of the linked characters. So it's not an issue with palps ai but a specific strategy.
  • I agree, i love my R7 Malak. Serves that jabrone right for hiding on an island for years.
  • "TargetEadu;c-2183193" wrote:
    "DarkHelmet1138;c-2183172" wrote:
    "dgree;c-2183170" wrote:

Who is beaten by Geo's and Imps? SEE? Do you have a link to the video showing that? I can't find such a video on YouTube just by searching. And when you say Imps, do you mean troopers or Thrawn lead with Vader? This is an important distinction because Thrawn and Vader are critical for countering the other GLs as well.

Finally, are we talking ultimate or non-ultimate Palp? Because I would wager many of the lower tier non-GL counters will likely not work against ultimate Palp.

Yes, SEE, yes imperial troopers not just empire, and yes with Ultimate. SEE's ultimate doesn't come into play in many cases (assuming he survives) because he has this interesting habit of killing his first Linked target, so he can't really get to ultimate. But against imps he doesn't take another turn anyway so it's irrelevant.

The video I saw specifically mentions that you want to mark one of the linked characters with piett so that he's almost forced to kill one of the linked characters. So it's not an issue with palps ai but a specific strategy.

... except that with the optimal IT team, SEE and friends don’t take another turn to actually kill the Linked enemy.

That would be heavily dependent on the mods on both sides. Yes, ideally you don't want to lose anyone every.

I haven't seen enough to know whether this is possible with troopers against see with equilivant mods.
  • "DarkHelmet1138;c-2183169" wrote:
    "Sithlords_Inc;c-2183018" wrote:
    "CamMitchell;c-2182917" wrote:
    Oh, and just want to also point out that in the same stream, not 10 minutes before, SEE, probably the easiest GL to acquire, completely solos Jedi Knight Luke lead with GAS. Completely solos...

And hes beaten by Geos and Imps

It's imp troopers with piett. I don't have the link but I think it was bulldog that posted it.

Here's the link. https://youtu.be/bcyYe6hIkmo