Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Lack of content

There have been topics on this before but here we go again.

Seriously the devs are unable to give us more than 2 raids in a year? For May 4 we are getting a single event? Must we wait for new content when finally the level cap is raised to 90?

You gave us ships and since then we have only gotten new behind pay wall ships. I am still waiting for a fleet that benefits for having Executor around. I know, everyone should go GRepublic and Mace Windu. The number of capital ships is still an amazing three. Got to be a magic number...

Please, give us new content to work with. You are killing me.
  • "HorishBathens;c-1039299" wrote:
    "WompWompRat;c-1039134" wrote:
    I would like more to do as well. I mean, if this game is a legit cash grab then at least make the cash go a little further! I personally love the game but it'd be great to have things to do with that ever-growing lineup of characters :)

That's not what these particular companies do. Maybe if people would stop paying hundreds and thousands of dollars, just for a few new characters, it would force them to give a little bit.

I don't see the correlation between whales and content. If anything the more money they make, the more incentive they have to create more gametypes to encourage spending
  • "WompWompRat;c-1039409" wrote:
    "HorishBathens;c-1039299" wrote:
    I would like more to do as well. I mean, if this game is a legit cash grab then at least make the cash go a little further! I personally love the game but it'd be great to have things to do with that ever-growing lineup of characters :)

That's not what these particular companies do. Maybe if people would stop paying hundreds and thousands of dollars, just for a few new characters, it would force them to give a little bit.

I don't see the correlation between whales and content. If anything the more money they make, the more incentive they have to create more gametypes to encourage spending

I'd say recent actions are correlation enough. If anything, the newest additions to the game have shown they are moving in the exact opposite direction of making money go further. 5-30 shard packs, the refreshed mod packs, the shear number of new characters that all cost ridiculous sums to make usable at higher levels of progression. They're going to push whales as far as they can go, and as long as whales keep enabling them, it will continue indefinitely and we'll be stuck with characters and recycled events as content.
  • "WompWompRat;c-1039409" wrote:
    "HorishBathens;c-1039299" wrote:

They also try to pace things to draw things out over a long period of time and build up hype. Notice how we are only just getting R2D2, one of the more iconic characters, and still don't have Luke, which they have teased to be further down the line. If they give us too much at once then people get burned out.

Currently though, I do feel the game is in need of something fresh and exciting besides just throwing more characters at us, which will be a while before most of us can afford.

I also agree that ships are quite awkward. Why are there 3 Geonosian ships, and 0 Droids or Ventress, or many other factions that don't have ships? Ewoks I understand, but some more balance between factions would have been nice. It was also very lopsided with light ships over dark ships upon release, and a lot of ships are behind paywalls. When ships is a route to zeta abilities (the only one), character shards, and raid gear, it gives ships a lot of importance in this game. After all this time it is still difficult to click on ships for buffs, debuffs, assists etc due to all the debuffs, and buffs on the targets. I feel this is something that should have been fixed by now.

It would also be nice for some of the older characters to get ships. Currently I only see newer characters getting ships, with the exception of Kylo Ren although that one is behind a paywall right now.
  • @PremierVenoth

I invested in Tarkin as well. G11 and his ship is one Offense upgrade away from being completely maxed. While he is diisappointing without more Empire ships I can stay in top 50 with him and I know that his day will come.

73/80 blueprints for Tie Advanced. Come on RNG, I'm gettin' antsy!
  • "Gaidal_Cain;c-1039569" wrote:
    @PremierVenoth

I invested in Tarkin as well. G11 and his ship is one Offense upgrade away from being completely maxed. While he is diisappointing without more Empire ships I can stay in top 50 with him and I know that his day will come.

73/80 blueprints for Tie Advanced. Come on RNG, I'm gettin' antsy!

Nice, good luck! I'm there too, 70/80. Don't get me wrong, You can use Tarkins ship, if you get lucky with the Tie fighter and can get some TM from it and can get his ultimate when they're down to two or three ships you can steamroll.

I just found too many IF's with Tarkin - while Mace and Plo's taunts are guarantees. There's not many options, and I've fought my own Mace/Plo configuration and it's a PITA even on defense.

Grevious and his capitol ship needs to be here for Droids and seperatists

But Dukes needs a ship that is separatists, Sith, and Ventress (because her sail ship is pretty damn cool)

Hondo or a Hutt needs to be brought in for scoundrel ships.... we need space pirates!

And they all need some easier to access base level ships.