Forum Discussion

2 years ago

More Delays after last update...or just me? (Bug?)

My android devices (two different) started giving huge delays after the last update. Game will take MUCH longer to load (the "Loading Cantina" takes long MINUTES) and it is NOW frequent for the spining roundel to be on for 2 or more minutes between screens. Considering the large amount of clicks and menus we much navigate each day, this makes the game unplayable. Game was working ok until now...worked for years.
I dont see a lot of similar complaints (i checked the bugs section and posted a question there), and mose i see are several months (or more) old. Anyone else with same issue?
(I did the normal debug...clear cache, reinstall, check wifi...all except a factory reset).
  • Maybe related, but I have had battles just sort of pause for a couple seconds here and there. On iOS.
  • I posted about this in these forums on Jan 29. It resolved after a few hours by itself.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261443/cant-login-to-game#latest

Today, it has happened again, longer now. May be a regional server issue, affecting Asia / Singapore. My Australian friends have no issues. Those in Singapore seem to have issues, with both IOS and Android.

I've reported here, and on EA Answers HQ, but nobody bothers to reply. I guess the game is going to the dumps.
  • Well, it is clearly an issue for some of us, and despite having posted here and on EA Answers HQ, no devs have bothered replying.

Video of 2 minutes of loading screen on WiFi, for those who doubt it is an issue.

https://youtu.be/18nPzHTQmro
  • I solved mine, doing two things.
    Factory Reset to device
    Reset to Router
    I think i was "dumb" and should have done it in REVERSE, so if i were you i would reset the router. Simple step is unplug it and plug it back. IF necessary, there is a way to reset it...in my case it was a call to the ISP.
    REMINDER...i had several apps on same device and several devices worked fine, i think it was SOME MISCONFIGURATION on the network that was critical to my device and SWOGH (the combo), but irrelevant to other apps/devices.
  • "Ghost666;c-2404208" wrote:
    I solved mine, doing two things.
    Factory Reset to device
    Reset to Router
    I think i was "dumb" and should have done it in REVERSE, so if i were you i would reset the router. Simple step is unplug it and plug it back. IF necessary, there is a way to reset it...in my case it was a call to the ISP.
    REMINDER...i had several apps on same device and several devices worked fine, i think it was SOME MISCONFIGURATION on the network that was critical to my device and SWOGH (the combo), but irrelevant to other apps/devices.

Thanks for your suggestions. The issue is, it's the same error when I use data. So it can't be just a router or WiFi issue. And my data connection isn't slow.

• "Ornoktree;c-2404211" wrote:
    The issue is, it's the same error when I use data. So it can't be just a router or WiFi issue. And my data connection isn't slow.

I also though so...i had 120M wifi speeds and no errors...and i was using streaming services and online gaming on other devices...no issues.
    BUT...and i know it is hard to believe...i also wouldn't believe myself...resetting the router did the "miracle".

ALTHOUGHT...if you have the issue using DATA then it is harder for it to happen...
    It may be a different issue...but also network (or google services) related...perhaps...

• "Ghost666;c-2404244" wrote:
    "Ornoktree;c-2404211" wrote:
    The issue is, it's the same error when I use data. So it can't be just a router or WiFi issue. And my data connection isn't slow.

I also though so...i had 120M wifi speeds and no errors...and i was using streaming services and online gaming on other devices...no issues.
    BUT...and i know it is hard to believe...i also wouldn't believe myself...resetting the router did the "miracle".

ALTHOUGHT...if you have the issue using DATA then it is harder for it to happen...
    It may be a different issue...but also network (or google services) related...perhaps...

My guild mates from same country had similar issues. iOS took very long but finally could login. Once in game, everything was taking a long time to load.

I had tried linking to Facebook and using my iPad instead of Android device, but encountered the SAME issue.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,379 PostsLatest Activity: 6 minutes ago