Forum Discussion

Vice_Torn
Rising Newcomer
8 years ago

Potency in Raids

I have a somewhat complex question which should have a simple answer.

If I assume a raid boss(Lvl 90) is affected by tendacity down. If my toon has 100% potency I will still be resisted 15%, same if it had 80%. My question is how low can my potency be and still only be resisted 15% of the time? I am sure someone has worked this out...
  • "Vice_torn;c-1230578" wrote:
    Ahh...most responders do not fully understand the question I am asking...

If my tm guy only has 0% potency, even with tenacity down it will be resisted half the time because of the level split.

Resist chance = tenacity-potency+levelsplit*10. ...... I think, with a minimum resist chance of 15%... And a max of 85%.

If tenacity down reduces tendacity to 15 then my magic number is 50%potency(more then that is unnessary). If tenacity is reduced to 0, then I only need 35% to only be resisted 15% of the time. I think the case is the later.

It's quite simple, with tenacity down there's 15% tenacity left on the boss, 15% tenacity = 15% chance to resist, it doesn't matter if you have 0% or 1,000,000% potency
    Vice_Torn
    Rising Newcomer
    @Ztyle @Huatimus, thank you for your response, But you both are ignoring difference in level, which matters! Even with tenacity down, against a target 5 levels above you need a certain amount of potency to minimize the chance of resisting. The point of my question was to ask exactly how much potency was needed.
  • "Vice_torn;c-1230691" wrote:
    @Ztyle @Huatimus, thank you for your response, But you both are ignoring difference in level, which matters! Even with tenacity down, against a target 5 levels above you need a certain amount of potency to minimize the chance of resisting. The point of my question was to ask exactly how much potency was needed.

Tenacity Down is -999900% tenacity. No matter the level delta, the end result will still be negative. So even with 0% potency, you will run into the base 15% chance to resist.
  • "Vice_torn;c-1230691" wrote:

It doesn't matter if you are level 1 or 85 and it doesn't matter if the boss is level 2 or 6000
    With tenacity down the boss only has a 15% chance to resist, no matter what
    It's that simple, forget about everything else as it has ZERO impact on the chance to imply a debuff on a boss with tenacity down