Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Prestige/Reward System

I've been sitting at level 85 for about a month now and I know many others have been sitting here for much longer and I gotta say, all this wasted XP is kinda bothering me. I'm a man of progression, I like to know that whatever I'm doing is progress(like sneaking out of work to get paid to play Star Wars) reguardless I calculate that I average about 1.2k Xp daily from refreshes and challenges and it just adds to my currently "Maxed account", thus adding to my frustration.

Point of this thread being this, I wanna see post game XP getting put to use and as long as I've been on the forum I haven't seen it so here it is, the Prestige System.

I don't know if many of you played it but I loved a game known as "Battle Nations", it was a fun turn based combat game but eventually shut down. What it did have going for it was a shop where you could spend prestige points for useful items. I was thinking at a conversion rate of maybe 5XP=1 point we can reward players and help them through the grind. This extra shop would house a large sum of credits, one prestige exclusive characters for end gamers to farm and others to look forward to, 3-5 characters that are hard to farm(only in hard modes) and 3-5 squares open for gear salavage of all kinds(Raid, Gold, Etc). Everything would cost about 100-300(based on rarity) prestige points.

I'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions? I hear a lot of people's asking to reward active and hard working players and I think this is a EASY and effective way to go about things!
  • I think it's one of the better ideas I've seen thrown around here, and I hear the argument against EA interests, but I think the counter that it'll "keep players more engaged" is quite valid. There is a certain % Of gamers in general that just stop playing at points such as this, this could be a way of keeping those players more active. At the same time those of the more dedicated type may start using more crystal refreshes again just for the additional currency to spend on gear or whatnot. Overall, I believe it's something devs should think about, and if added to shard shop, not a terribly hard to implement concept. But I'm not a programmer... either way I guess those are my thoughts... +1
  • "WrathofCaedus;c-1181107" wrote:
    I think it's one of the better ideas I've seen thrown around here, and I hear the argument against EA interests, but I think the counter that it'll "keep players more engaged" is quite valid. There is a certain % Of gamers in general that just stop playing at points such as this, this could be a way of keeping those players more active. At the same time those of the more dedicated type may start using more crystal refreshes again just for the additional currency to spend on gear or whatnot. Overall, I believe it's something devs should think about, and if added to shard shop, not a terribly hard to implement concept. But I'm not a programmer... either way I guess those are my thoughts... +1

+1

In regards to the lack of EA interests, if max players (especially whales) got to get raid gear from exp, do you not think they would sink money into crystals and use them on xp modes?

I have been stuck behind HAAT raid gear for a long time, especially that damned lens thing, so if there was an option to farm this steadily while also farming my normal gear/shards, I would throw a lot more crystals into those modes
  • We already receive an extra reward everyday for being at max level : a surprise box with crystals, credits and gear salvages. Random, so it goes from 5 crystals to 500k credits. It's totally free, and is meant to compensate the lack of further use for XP.
  • Not to mention all the other progression we have to do. Gear and mods come to mind. Wasted xp is the least of my worries right now.