Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Proposal - Medical Droid?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, nor do I know whether it's already been proposed, but I would like to make a suggestion. I think it would be incredibly meaningful to add the Medical Droid as a new character to SWGOH. As a support character (akin to Wat, Hermit Yoda, C-3PO, etc.) it could celebrate Empire Strikes Back, have synergy with Rebel characters (which seems to be this month's theme), but most importantly, it would pay homage to and honor the many brave medical service providers battling COVID-19 worldwide.
  • At least you didn't provide a fan kit, thanks. I agree though with the sentiment, well stated.
  • "RustyPanama;d-230147" wrote:
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this, nor do I know whether it's already been proposed, but I would like to make a suggestion. I think it would be incredibly meaningful to add the Medical Droid as a new character to SWGOH. As a support character (akin to Wat, Hermit Yoda, C-3PO, etc.) it could celebrate Empire Strikes Back, have synergy with Rebel characters (which seems to be this month's theme), but most importantly, it would pay homage to and honor the many brave medical service providers battling COVID-19 worldwide.

I do agree with the sentiment here. Thou I'm not sure the Medical Droid is the right one for it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with all the thoughts behind it. It's just that I think there is one type of character that fits the bill a bit more: Imperial Medic. As this is an actual person going into battle to heal people. So that seems a bit closer to the brave medical service providers. Not to mention it's an empire character, which fir's the Empire strikes back theme just as much. Also, medical droids where used throughout all era's,not just the original trilogy era. But I do still agree with your idea and think the though behind it is just amazing.

"DaarthBrewer;c-2114949" wrote:
    At least you didn't provide a fan kit, thanks. I agree though with the sentiment, well stated.

Oh come on. Fan Kits aren't that bad. It's a fun way of discussing things.
  • "Ichiraikou;c-2114979" wrote:

Oh come on. Fan Kits aren't that bad. It's a fun way of discussing things.

As long as it isn't a wall of text, has some humor to it, ok, sure.