Forum Discussion

t0jawi26flk6
Seasoned Newcomer
3 days ago

Guilds losing purpose

Before TW and TB, a guild was needed to beat a Raid. The Rancor, AAT, and Sith Triumvirate all needed to be conquered by your guild to progress as a team. Immediate "Go Team! and High 5s all around when you beat one."

Now that raids are pretty much "Don't forget to auto-batle and get your points", guild camaraderie is gone. There's TB but everytime you get close to beating an entire TB, we get a new one. And the best reward is half-way through. Of course there is TW, wins are nice but the rewards aren't  rare character shards. 

Now that the best rewards are all tied to Legendary Journey and Galactic Conquest, Guilds have little purpose. In order to regain that purpose and perpetuate the game, guilds need to be able to complete objectives for in-game rewards.

rayloc420
    Rising Rookie

Hmm. I never really thought about that, but you kinda have a point. 

I remember different guild mates had to work on various teams for specific raid tiers.  "Hey can you farm this team for phase 4?"  That was kinda interesting and didn't force everyone to farm the same things. Now we all need the same teams or else we can't progress. limiting the toons that can participate eliminates a lot of creativity.  I was pretty excited when my cls, gar saxon, and isc put work in on the sith raid for the 1st time.

guild mates would engage in theory crafting together. now it's just, ok get gungans, get jedi, move mods.  like an assembly line. 

you may be onto something 

Whatelse73
    Rising Adventurer

Your logic is sound.  We do communicate about TB requirements, but our guild, like many others I'm guessing, just does TW on Sim.  The raid we do our work, but we don't coordinate for that other than reminders to hit it.  Most of the game is just routine individual stuff.

TW is boring garbage, but the problem is that it's old and they don't prioritize "old" very high.  Similar to GAC that hasn't had an update in years, though TW has gone longer without one.  I think the other issue with those is they give players rewards and CG doesn't so much care to update rewards to give us more from events.

Their only priority at this point is giving us more planets to unlock with ridiculous requirements (you have defenses that ONE SHOT R9 tanks with a basic, yes, really.)  and give us new garbage datacron sets to spend money, time, and resources to rent for 4 months.  Oh and releasing new shiny's that destroy "old" GL's and other old meta teams.

CG your deal is getting worse all the time.