Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Rancor tie breakers

This has been about 6 times where I constantly finish 2nd when in a tie for 1st with 3 other players. Each time I finish the ranking puts me in 2nd place. Are the tie breakers automatic ? Or does it happen after the finalization?
  • "Widget_gadget;c-1188580" wrote:
    They are random now. If you had a player that soloed the raid and 49 players that posted zero they would be ranked at random. Just bad luck dude.

I know that, but seems weird 2nd place all the time. It can't be that random that it's the same for 6 times. Also I want to know when the rng kicks in for the tie breaker - immediately after? Or during finalization of rewards?

• "Widget_gadget;c-1188590" wrote:
    It would have to be after finalization. You cant determine who wins a tie if there are still players that havent finished and could potentially triple tie.

True. Just weird. I get placed in 2nd every time. And get rewarded 2nd every time. It's usually 1-4 ppl who have the same score. Maybe if it's only 3 people or so they the rng isn't activated ?

• "Austin09370;c-1195157" wrote:
    "Widget_gadget;c-1188590" wrote:
    It would have to be after finalization. You cant determine who wins a tie if there are still players that havent finished and could potentially triple tie.

No, that's not true. It just depends how they programmed it. My guess is once you enter the raid your are assigned a random number (let's say 20 digits) that is not viewable by the players and that is used as a tiebreaker when ranking people.

Funny you commented cause now- 4 ppl tied for top spot. Usually I am always #2 and today I was ranked 1 as soon as my run was over and got rank 1 prize. So I think the randomness is immediate.
  • You tie for first and they don't give everyone first place prizes? That sucks. In the daily guild quest if you tied for first, for GW nodes for example, everyone would get first place prizes. But if you didn't tie, you'd end up like 40th