Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Tie breaker issue?

Last GA I finished fourth behind the 2 opponents that I defeated. Finished the GA at 2 wins 3 losses. Why didn’t I finish ahead of the opponents I defeated?
  • "Gifafi;c-2109388" wrote:
    "Kyno;c-2109385" wrote:
    the final listing within your win/loss bracket is not connected to the win/loss.

there are 3 players in each of the 2 middle groups (2 wins and 1 win) they get the same rewards and I'm not sure there is any basis for the order they are placed in

Kyno do you know if with “GP tiebreakers“ is gp # determined on join or at the end of that gac round? Like, before it starts or after all is said and done? I assume the former but I’ve heard the latter as well.

Ex.
    P1. 3.00gp
    P2 3.01gp at start

P1 3.4 gp
    P2 3.3 gp at finish

Who wins tiebreaker?

@Gifafi checking. i would assume the former also, but its best to get a real answer.
  • the final listing within your win/loss bracket is not connected to the win/loss.

there are 3 players in each of the 2 middle groups (2 wins and 1 win) they get the same rewards and I'm not sure there is any basis for the order they are placed in
  • "Kyno;c-2109385" wrote:
    the final listing within your win/loss bracket is not connected to the win/loss.

Kyno do you know if with “GP tiebreakers“ is gp # determined on join or at the end of that gac round? Like, before it starts or after all is said and done? I assume the former but I’ve heard the latter as well.

Ex.
    P1. 3.00gp
    P2 3.01gp at start

P1 3.4 gp
    P2 3.3 gp at finish

Who wins tiebreaker?
  • "Putts66;d-229525" wrote:
    Last GA I finished fourth behind the 2 opponents that I defeated. Finished the GA at 2 wins 3 losses. Why didn’t I finish ahead of the opponents I defeated?

That's not a tiebreak issue. You tied. The tie wasn't broken. You got the exact same rewards.