Forum Discussion

RaicallYT
Rising Newcomer
11 months ago

ROTE - Development ideas

So, ROTE is new and exciting, but there is still room for a lot of development/expansion.

Currently we have Reva, but I could see adding more obtainable characters from it, maybe we could have some Ahsoka/Mandalorian series characters for Light/Dark side - don't want to give names/spoilers. Ofc, they could be similar/superior/inferior to the Reva mission requirements.

Ofc this is just one idea of many - but I'm sure we will see some amazing ones here :)
  • I am good with never having to do the garbage of a mission for KAM ever again.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Like who?

If someone hasn’t been watched the shows by now they never will
  • I'd love them to add the KAM and Wat missions to Geonosis in RotE. Why do they have to be confined to the shard store? The planet is right there in the TB already.
    MasterSeedy
    Seasoned Hotshot
    Although everyone knows I love the KAM mission which was complex and endlessly novel and provided the most fun I've had in the game as far as combat goes, I think the idea of dropping KAM and WAT rewards onto the Geonosis missions is kinda neat. I'm not sure the time is ripe for that, to be honest. But I think it would be wonderful as a "catch up mechanic" the way we have double drops for older toons. At some point it will become apparent that KAM and Wat aren't special anymore (I mean, KAM already isn't: he was useful and fun in LS Geo, but there's nothing now to utilize him), and then CG can simply add those shards to Geonosis missions in RotE. Of course they can also put that day off by making KAM a superhero in some mission (Designate him a TB hero for one specific planet?) or at the very least require him for a planetary unlock. I mean, he's so difficult to acquire, but he's so average and replaceable in nearly every game mode (yes, he works well in GAC under QGJ omicron, but really).

Overall, I'm currently fine with how RotE is. I haven't near mastered it. I have a lot of squads to bring up to r7/r8 before I'm ready to think about crushing r9 planets. But we're bringing up squads for other reasons anyway -- which I think fits well with the current system of occasionally adding bonus planets. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Mandalore gets added with the new Mandalorian legendary. LS already has a bonus planet, so ... maybe Mixed? With new Moff Gideon having a featured mission there as well as the Mandos themselves. Make it like Dathomir where most of the fighting is against Mandos, but with one special mission for Mandos. There are also many special missions that require r5-r7 toons. When your guild gets to that 36-star plateau and you're waiting to press further, there are still those missions to focus on. And, of course, there's a new raid once a year or so.