Forum Discussion

coolnessda
Rising Newcomer
8 years ago

Shards versus energy refreshes

As a free to play gamer my biggest concern is crystal management. My usual daily crystal income is roughly 110-120 depending on how I can handle galactic war. My question is which is more efficient to spend crystals on: shards or refreshes? I'm level 85 so it's not a matter of gaining extra experience or getting more guild tickets I'm worried about having enough characters ready for special events. With low drop rate of shards from hard mode battle often slowing me down I often rely on shards to speed things up. I've been told that it's more rewarding to put 150 crystals towards refreshes rather than 3 shards for a character. But the drop rate is so poor I don't know which way to go. Any help is greatly appreciated
  • Depends on your roster I Think. In the early/midgame I Think refreshes by far outweighs shards. But I Would never buy shard with crystals, I Would buy gear. Especially now with the Updated shop.

The droprate is appr. 1/3, so a refresh of 50 crystals = 120 energy = 2 shards on 20 energy nodes. That is better value, but relies on rng. And better yet on lower nodes.

Don't get confused: this game is ALL about gear! A large roster is useless if not maxed. At least until TB...
  • Yeah, if your crystal income is 110-120, then you need to invest in gear first in order to help improve your arena ranking, which translates to more crystals.